SCOUTER Forum
Eagle1993

Adding Girls to Pack

@Pselb

Before this thread goes down a path of pro/con girls I would recommend (to all) that those posts go in Issues and Politics.  There has been pages of debate and I definitely have no issues seeing that debate continue and I believe you have some valid points and concerns.  I posted this in programs as my goal with this tread is to talk of the actual program as we add girls and issues/challenges/ideas as BSA already made the call and Packs that decide to add girls should have the ability to share experiences and ideas.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Eagle1993 said:

@Pselb

Before this thread goes down a path of pro/con girls I would recommend (to all) that those posts go in Issues and Politics.  There has been pages of debate and I definitely have no issues seeing that debate continue and I believe you have some valid points and concerns.  I posted this in programs as my goal with this tread is to talk of the actual program as we add girls and issues/challenges/ideas as BSA already made the call and Packs that decide to add girls should have the ability to share experiences and ideas.

I moved those posts over to a new I&P topic.

\

Edited by RememberSchiff

Paper applications are now being accepted.  Most of the girls were able to register online but the. BSA payment system seems flaky after a couple of the parents spent hours using various browsers.  One parent said they checked their CC bill and found the BSA had charged them 8 x $33 ($264) (once for each attempt to register).  She said she is sure the BSA will refund the money ...🙄

There is an article online with our major paper and I’m working with them so they spell our Pack number correctly.  The council is having the other Pack lead the media effort and I’m perfectly content.  I think most members in our Pack fall into the category that adding girls is fine... but I don’t think they are looking to be the center of media attention or lead any crusade.

One challenge we are now facing.  We have three girls who are twin sisters of existing Pack members (all Tigers).  Our Tiger den is 26 Scouts.   A couple of them have been going to Pack and den meetings but are not members of the Pack.  They would like to join but the parents are too busy for more den meetings (for the girls den).  So we have started discussions of adding a second girl den, this one dedicated to Tiger girls that would meet same time and place as the boys.  My thought is that we can actually provide more separation between the boys and girls as I’ll have another den leader attend and work with them separately.  The adult partner will be there for both their kids.  Nothing official yet, but we are discussing it.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2