Troop Meeting Place has a.... stocked bar

At our CO there is an AA-type meeting (I think it is specifically NA, Narcotics Anonymous) that meets at the same time as our monthly committee meeting. The issue of them meeting at the same time as our troop meeting would not even come up, as both groups use the same room (a gym) while our committee meetings only need the small room off the gym. The only problem we have is that there are so many people at the NA meetings that the parking lot isn't big enough. :) I believe that once or twice, the NA meeting has been rescheduled to the same night as our troop meeting, and the NA group met on the second floor of the building while the troop was meeting downstairs. Nobody has ever complained about it. (Although sometimes in our committee meetings, we joke that there are 60-80 people at the NA meeting while there are 5-10 at our committee meeting; and that they have better refreshments than us, since they have coffee and cookies, etc. and we have nothing.)

Edited by NJCubScouter
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alcohol and tobacco are both legal "drugs".  One can do the 1920's prohibition, but as we all know that didn't go very far.   The first troop I was in was at a conservation club where alcohol was si

Or...we use this as an opportunity to teach the boys about the dangers of alcohol.

It seems booze in bottles is the last thing one needs to be worried about if someone is being "old-fashioned" given all the other changes lately.    If anything it is a chance to have an open conver