If you will indulge me...son#1 just made Eagle

Congratulations to your son and his parents!

That's an interesting matched pair of questions there. I have sat on at least 15 EBOR's and have never heard that one asked. I'm going to have to ask my son how he would have answered that. Maybe I should also ask myself how I would answer it, and I never even made it to an EBOR.

In a practice EBOR (the Troop does them on request, important for someone who is autistic to lower stress) he had paired 'Friendly' with 'Reverent' as he said honestly discussing faith sometimes offends your friends no matter what you say. This question get asked a lot here and many scouts just say they are all equal and all important and just can't decide. Usually when pressed (I have been told) they drop clean, reverent, or thrifty. I think it amuses the reviewer. 

Many congratulations to you and your son.

The Eagle Rank is always something to be proud of and as a Mom to a scout on the spectrum, I can imagine how you feel.

Hang in there. He just had a much more autistic boy make it as well. It just takes longer, especially if they do it right. I have found the number of scouts 'with issues' to seem higher than the general population; I suspect many parents try as an additional option especially when boys start falling behind in school. Nothing helps dealing with transition issues like camping every month in a different place or with tolerating noise like a Troop meeting. We did discover that putting 30 pounds on his back (as in backpacking) greatly improved his balance and gait--a fact confirmed by our occupational therapist later. Go figure.