OOH! What's THIS button do?

Ignore the title.. I'm simply being........ME.

I'm semi new to the forum, I did not introduce myself initially, I thought I would lurk for a while, bounce a few posts around, that kind of thing. 

I'm a late 40s "returnee" (Yikes, right?) to scouting, A former scout, and former scouter(ASM), returned to scouting last September when my youngest boy, 11, moved to a traditional troop, as the LDS troop we had/have or whatever the story is today, was severely lacking.  I'm "trained" to just below Wood badge, and I am attending that this fall. (Really because I want to be 12 again, can I put: Eat more chocolate cake as one of my ticket items? I think it would improve scouting (for me). Presently, I am an ASM, or "cat-herder"...

Our troop recently did a huge turnover as a boatload, ok, all but one "eagled out", (SPL)and he's working on his EP. Our troop has gained a boatload of bridge-overs.

Posting: I am more of a reader. I don't always have an opinion on something, and usually when I do, I tend to need an edit or 100. *Shrug*

Hello from the mountains of Southern California (Insert banjo music).

Not sure what "trained just below wood badge" means. You use common sense and don't pontificate a lot?  ;)  You are in it for the boys and your own ego?  :D

Didn't realize they had banjos in CA. ;)

Trained below wood badge: I went to S.A.L.T when it was still SALT. Did the requisite courses, and even the updated adult training, then all those elective courses online, for some strange reason, I read when my wife watches chick shows. *Wince* It's cool, she's not reading this. Below Wood badge, it's sort of a "pending" description, prior to, the Army thoughtlessly monopolized much of my time, being the Army that they are, darn 'em. I CAN actually make a turks head woggle without having been to WB, strangely enough, discovered quite by accident, I think I was trying to make a Chinese finger puzzle. 

No, I actually use as little common sense as possible and pontificate as often as permitted, it preserves the illusion that I actually know what I am talking about, which also lends to the necessity of editing posts. Honest Injun, Sharkbait, Who-HA-HA!  I am in it for two reasons, my own ego and desire to be 12, it just happens to be where the boys are at in their lives too, so, since they and myself seem to be going in the same direction, I stuffed myself into a scout adult leader shirt (impersonating an adult) and jumped on the bus. 

Yes, we have banjos in SOUTHERN California. ;) Ya'll know what I mean?