Inappropriate Comments To Other Adults In Front Of Kids

I think I disagree with Calico and TwoCubDad on this one. I think a troop has the right to expect that its leaders/committee members will at least be civil and respectful to each other, especially when they are at a meeting. (In this case they appear to have been right outside the meeting place, right before or right after a meeting, and I would count that as "at a meeting.") They do not necessarily have to be the best of friends, just "courteous." If this committee member is making hurtful comments to this ASM in the presence of his sons, for no apparent good reason, that is something that can disrupt the functioning of the troop and I think it does fall into the "jurisdiction" of the CR.

Note that I say "if". We do not have both sides of the story here - nor does the original poster, who was not present when the words in question were spoken. So I agree with some others that the first step is to speak with this committee member and see what SHE says she said, if anything, and what her side of the story may be.

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meet with the SM, Troop Committee Chairman, and said ASM to discuss the troop's experience, good and bad, with this family and the way forward.   If you remove her from your Troop Committee, her son

Well, @, we won"t know if she was wrong until next year. At which time if the ASM is still kicking, she can be treated as a false prophet. Hope the boys will have improved their throwing arm by then.

This person is probably suffering some type of emotional/psychological deficit.  A conversation with her about the substance of what she said will almost certainly not be fruitful.  It is possible, bu

The kids refer to my college yearbook as the 'yellow pages'. High school is 'Dead Sea Scrolls'.

Edit, Mattman is on to something, fortunetelling as a fundraiser!

Edited by packsaddle