Politically Incorrect Idea to Reduce Radical Islamict Recruiting

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So your justification for mocking Mohamed as a "Pedophile Prophet" is that others have done so too??? What was the point other than to show your complete contempt for the central figure in Islam? Way

I am not a Muslim. I deleted what I felt was derogatory to Islam as a whole. Things that mock Islamic beliefs or practices. ISIS deserves a good mocking, but the things I deleted I felt crossed a line

While I understand that this is theoretically a place to discuss political and religious issues, but I have always thought it was still a Scouting related board. If that is the case, then at least a

Rick:

First, you really should try reading the articles you link. FoxNews apologized for saying that 'no-go zone' was an official designation. As TAHAWK has so thoroughly pointed out from multiple sources (chief among them CNN - your quoted source), unofficial and so-called no-go zones are quite prevalent.

Second, when you look for a credible source to criticize a news outlet, relying on information from a competitor who is loosing their lunch money to FoxNews is laughable.

The saddest part is that you actually think that you are winning.

The sad part is you seem incapable of understanding my point (perhaps because I am expressing it badly). You guys are talking about the wrong kind of "no-go zones". What the wingnuts are talking about, and what I am referring too, are Muslim Sharia law no-go zones.

These are zones that are deliberately created as part of a large movement among Muslims to establish such zones where Sharia law is enforced instead of national laws. That the European governments are giving into these Muslim demands for local autonomy and allowing (officially or not) the establishment of such zones. That these zones are organized, created by design, and for religious reasons. That you can find hundreds of these zones all over Europe. And that Muslims want to do the same thing here. This is the "fact" that has been thoroughly debunked, yet many on the right still believe. That is what Jindal is pandering too. That is the point I have been trying to make.

This made up "fact" is intended to provide support for the right's "we must be afraid of Muslims" meme.

That was the bet. That I would talk about Muslim Sharia law zones, and you guys would ignore the whole Muslim and Sharia law part and talk about the equivalent of housing projects.

I can find hundreds of these zones right here in America' date=' from Ave Maria, FL to the local gated homeowners association.[/quote']

Really? These zones are exempt from state, federal and local laws and instead operate under some other religious law overseen by the local religious leader? State, local, and federal law enforcement have no legal authority there?

The UK top cop was talking about zones inhabited by foreign-born persons where the police do not operate because the population elects not to use that aspect of government, preferring instead to be their own law, including , he said "Honor Killings."

I have already said I have no personal knowledge.

Perhaps the UK police official is incorrect.

The hate group nonsense about Muslims is a strawman.

Lack of policing in Muslim slums due to "practical problems" instead of acknowledged policy and practice may be a distinction without a "practical" difference.

The UK top cop was talking about zones inhabited by foreign-born persons where the police do not operate because the population elects not to use that aspect of government' date=' preferring instead to be their own law, including , he said "Honor Killings."[/quote']

Actually, his statement has been disputed by other top cops. Plus, he isn't a cop and doesn't have a police background.

I have already said I have no personal knowledge.

Perhaps the UK police official is incorrect.

I have no personal knowledge either. So the two of us need to go on what we can read and try to judge.

The hate group nonsense about Muslims is a strawman.

Lack of policing in Muslim slums due to "practical problems" instead of acknowledged policy and practice may be a distinction without a "practical" difference.

This I don't understand. How is the hate group nonsense a strawman? That nonsense is the whole point! I have been talking about how some people on the right are making claims that Muslim groups are deliberately creating Sharia law zones in Europe and here in America (Dearborn Michigan?), and that those claims are not true. And even though those claims have been debunked, they are still talking about them. Yes there are places where "practical problems" make policing difficult. But that isn't the same as saying the Muslims are deliberately creating Sharia law zones.

The "be afraid of Muslims" part is the only reason people like Tony Perkins, Jerry Boykin, and Bobby Jindal are talking about it at all. If you take away the Muslim and Sharia law parts of the story, then no one would be talking about it.

Again, I apologize for a lack of clarity. My research brought me to numerous fascist and racist sites that spout a torrent of bile about Muslims, not to mention about every other group other than them. Iwas that hate speech that I meant byu "hate group nonsense."

That "nonsense" is a strawman since it is so obviously divorced from any objective reality.

I thought that statements by CNN, the UN, the New York Times, and Her majesty's Chief Superintendent of the Constabulary were in a different, qualitative category as compared to, say, Storm Front.

I should not have called Thomas Winsor a "cop." He is a lawyer and Her Majesty's Chief Inspector of the Constabulary for England and Wales,

Next to the Home Office, Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary – established in 1856 – is the senior institution in the policing landscape, as it oversees, inspects and reports upon the efficiency and effectiveness of all Home Office police forces and a number of others. Current inspections include assessments of undercover policing, and of the police’s response to domestic abuse and child sexual exploitation. Her Majesty’s Inspectors of Constabulary, including Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Constabulary, are appointed by the Queen on the advice of the Home Secretary and the Prime Minister, under section 54 of the Police Act 1996. As independent holders of public office under the Crown, appointed under Royal Warrant, they are neither civil servants nor police officers.

For many years, Inspectors of Constabulary were appointed from the pool of former chief constables. All Inspectors from a policing background stop being warranted officers when they take up their posts with HMIC.

In 1993, the first full-time Inspectors of Constabulary who had not previously served as police officers were appointed. Today, two of the Inspectors of Constabulary – Mike Cunningham QPM and Stephen Otter QPM – are former chief constables; Zoë Billingham was previously director of community safety and sustainability at the Audit Commission; and Drusilla Sharpling CBE was Chief Crown Prosecutor at the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) in London.

In 2012, Sir Thomas Winsor was appointed as Her Majesty’s Chief Inspector of Constabulary. He is the first holder of that role to come from a non-policing background.

Not a source to be dismissed out-of-hand I would think.