• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just registered for Wood Badge in the next Council over from me Course C1-286-15. (much closer drive than the one that will be held next summer in my council). Can anyone give me any tips to prep

So, this happened while the site suffered its blow to the head   

Always think about tickets .... but don't worry about it that much. You have a long time for those.   When you are there, participate ... AND keep your eyes open and watch everything. I'd been

As absolutely important as it is that we hear from you, ;) maybe you should submit your musings to the course newsletter ...:rolleyes:

How were the tents? Hopefully canvas. Nothing grates like snow sliding down nylon (millions of tiny fingers on their little chalk boards. :( )!

I've got some ideas for my submission on my day as patrol scribe, as far as tents, we actually are staying in bunks. Forecasted temps are actually supposed to be in the -20F range. With that being said, we do have a staffer, assistant scoutmaster of logistics, that has slept outside under the stars each night....my hat goes off to him as he's a tougher man than I!

My brain is less mushy so far today, but I'll get back to you at lights out! The diversity and inclusion presentation very much clarified what my diversity ticket item will be. At leas the idea I want to go with. Lunch is over, time to go mull tickets back at our patrol site. Peace

Day 2 has come to a close. I feel less mentally exhausted as I write this than I did last night. It was nice today not having to perform the service patrol functions on top of the rest of the requirements that that were tasked to us. We have a game plan for our project, and our menus are planned for the next weekend go-round. As of right now I have 4 of my 5 ticket items written up, with one already approved. Hope to have the rest finished/approved by the time we leave tomorrow (hope to have my 5th item written by breakfast) Goodnight all

well just arrived home from the first weekend! all I can say is WOW! probably one of the most influential experiences I've had in my personal or scouting lives so far. lots of info crammed into my brain in a short amount of time. I am excited to find out over the period of the next days, months, (or even years?) where this info that was learned will poke its head out again. Our troop guide encouraged us to get our ticket items written and approved before we left this week due to his personal time commitments, or lack thereof between now and the next weekend we meet in march. He didn't want it to affect us by waiting until the last minute to complete and get approved. This seemed like an extra challenge on top of all the other challenges we faced over the weekend, but now that the weekend is over, and I am home. I feel its now behind me, and my main focus regarding tickets is to get them completed in the next 19 months (we have 1 month until we meet again and complete the practical portion of the training.)

I want to thank everyone here for all the insight you have given me leading up to this. I dont' feel it hindered my experience this week. Also, I want to thank you that did not spill any of the beans of the inner workings of the program, it was much much more intense than I could have ever imagined!

The staffers have been amazing. You can tell in their body of work they have and are putting their heart and soul into everything they are doing!

For Baden's sake' date=' get off the Schmart phone and go to sleep!![/quote']

I found myself laying there physically exhausted but with all the information running through my head, I could not fall asleep! so what to do? give y'all my thoughts :)

I am a proud fox patrol member also. Thanks for updating us on your experience. I am glad when we were the service patrol our most difficult task was gathering wood for the campfire. I can't imagine shoveling snow.

• 2 weeks later...