Facebook Page for Cub Scout Pack

Am I the only person on the planet that finds it easier to read an email that log onto FB ?

You wouldnt believe the people that give me email address that ask me to text them when I email them. They have an email but they do not use it.

As much as I love email, others do not share that sentiment.

Each year, I gather phone numbers and email addresses from parents. I started out emailing - then realized half of them didn't check their emails (some to the point where it bounced back because the email was no longer active.)

Then I did only texting. A few parents kept having their numbers changed or phones cut off temporarily so that wasn't working.

I mentioned Facebook to a few and they jumped all over that and was the most effective way to reach them. Sadly, I had to cut that out as this year when our den grew double in size, I had some wanting a call, some a text, some an email and the rest Facebook. I send home a flyer with important dates on it and send texts (for my own sanity.) We also have a yearly event dates/meets list on our Facebook group that they can reference if for some reason they can get to Facebook but not receive texts. For the most part this has worked well for us.

Some people look at email as outdated, which is sad (much like how some viewed snail mail when emailing came along) but that's how it goes.

You wouldnt believe the people that give me email address that ask me to text them when I email them. They have an email but they do not use it.
I have no use for people like that around me and they can find another program that is willing to cater to their every whim. Ever send a group text? What a pain in the a$$ when the replies start flying. Some of the phones are improving the messaging client but they are few.
I have no use for people like that around me and they can find another program that is willing to cater to their every whim. Ever send a group text? What a pain in the a$$ when the replies start flying. Some of the phones are improving the messaging client but they are few.
I accidentally did that once (I bought my first smart phone this past May.) I had so many bothered people by all the messages and I couldn't stop them. Thankfully there was an app that let me type it to all of them but replies coming back were to me only. Whoever made the group chat to all option was crazy :p

Re: the Facebook, text, or email question - why does it matter for people what they receive? Virtually everyone has a smartphone these days so regardless of how someone sends something, the recipient should be getting a similar type of alert. I've been fortunate, save for one example, my exclusive email method has never been an issue for parents I've had to reach. And the one exception is actually a bit of a funny story... The parents would never get anything in a timely manner and I often had to follow up by phone. Finally i asked the dad about it. His response, "we both work for the post office..."