CAMPAIGN TO IGNORE THIS USER: FOG

"Surprising that a guy with thousands of posts has such a bad attitude in a scouting forum."

I have a very good attitude. Without people like me who question the status quo the emporer would would walking around naked because no one would say a word. How often have we seen projects and programs run awry or amok because no one wanted to seem out of step?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! Did she just give us a verbal spanking? I think she may have. That was a spanking wasn't it? At least I'm beginning to think I should feel like I've been spanked. But I could be wrong. She did spank us didn't she? I'm seeing stars already, or maybe that's my imagination.

FOG, always the naked emperor thing. Or is that someone else? What is this fixation with naked emperors?

Anyway, for the record I think of you as 'rough as a cob' (those of you who were raised like I was will know what that means) but that's not necessarily a bad thing, at least it works. It does, however, tend to irritate the sensitive places, if you know what I mean. I agree that you do push the limit (maybe go over it) but so do I at times, as do others - except OGE who seems to be perfect. And I while I recognize that everyone of us has flaws (maybe even OGE), I accept them and try to live with all of you...as I expect you to do with me. We fuss at each other but are still friends, what more could anyone ask? Right?

OUCH! Sorry to correct you pack, but I believe we have been thoroughly switched, not spanked. She said that she did not believe in scourging and it was not quite that rough. I had mentioned flogging as a possibility for FOG, but she said no to that. It had to be a good switching she gave all of us oldtimers.

Pack, I think we need to have a little sit down when the pain subsides. I am very concerned that you might have enjoyed that switching. ;^)

Trail-I think we need to offer one heck of a lot more than a moment of silence. I think we need a full-fledged virtual scoutmaster prayer breakfast for that poor devil. Let's see corned beef hash, fried eggs, bacon, sausage, flap jacks, biscuits and gravy and of course wood badge coffee. I don't know if it will help him, but we will be able to nap effectively after that feast.

I agree with the premise that Scouting does not live up to the ideal.

But the adage "Don't throw the baby out with the bath water" The ideals are great but scouting has room for improvement in its execution.

For instance "Be Prepared" is a work in process not a designation.

Hopefully the discusion is about the ideals or the failure to live up ideals of scouting

but remember "sticks and stones may break my bones but words do not hurt. For me words can hurt.

It is hard to live under the same roof as contenuous person. We need the help of others

Sometimes you know you are just putting a finger in the dike when a few do most of the work but keep asking others to help. With youth protection you need two adults for activities.