Several regulars and even some new names have private messaged me asking if everything was OK and why I was not posting. My apologies for having D Steele bend the truth slightly for security reasons. My family and I were on an 18-day vacation that including several sights in the Southwest and a week stint on the faculty at Philmont Training Center. I did not want to broadcast the news that my home would be unoccupied for such an extended period of time. My thanks to a local Eagle Scout who kept an eye on things and kept the lawn mowed.

We had a great time. Our touring included seeing family in Muskogee, OK., touring the National BSA office and seeing the NEW Fieldbook being produced (expected to hit the printers in Oct.), touring the new National Scout Museum and seeing a group of Israeli Scouts perform, over to Fort Worth Stockyards to pick out some cowboy hats and have a REAL steak dinner, down toward San Antonio for a day at Schlitterbahn (the Country's #1 water park), then over to Carlsbad Caverns for two days of hiking and exploring, up to Cimarron and a fantastic week at the Philmont Training Center as faculty lead for a Boy Scout Leader Seminar and then across country to home with a brief overnight in the metropolis of Wakeeney, KS.

It's good to be home. I feel refreshed, re-energized and filled with scouting info that will trickle out as the topics appear.

I hope everyone had as great a summer as the White family has had. School starts here in a few days and we are ready to recruit Cubs.

See you in the forum,

Bob White

(This message has been edited by Bob White)

Bob,

Well darn! I have family in Muskogee too! Just an hour and half drive for me. Would have loved to meet you. I know, I know, you were on vacation and had greater priorities! ;)

You should have tubed the Brazos or Comal while in New Braufels. They are both great lazy floats. One out in the woods and the other floating past people's backyards thru the heart of town.

Speaking of recruiting cubs, school starts tomorrow and open house is this afternoon. I'm leaving work early in about 30 minutes to head to my son's school and do a little recruiting myself.