President Buys Popcorn from Tiger Cub

Maybe the President likes popcorn.

As far as "Money" as a command goes, the guy with the cash was probably not a security agent, but the President's personal assistant. That's the guy who carries the stuff like cell phone, briefcase, wallet, luggage, etc. that any busy traveling executive would have with him. The security agents cannot let something like that distract them from their surveillance, and they cannot have anything occupying their hands while they're on the job.

nice bit of publicity :) and probably something the lad will remember for a while.

Just out of curiosity, from a UK scouter, what is Scout popcorn?

and as for

Great story.

I bet that the Queen never bought anything from a Boy Scout.

Ea.

although her Daughter in law ( kate ) volunteers with the Scouts.

Rdclements: Good point, but the assistant may also be employed by the Secret Service. No? Who produced the $ when President Clinton would jog by McD's and decide to stop in for a Big Mac?

Pint, "Scout popcorn" is just popcorn that is sold by Scouting units as a fund raiser. While it is one of many fund raising programs, it is well known because many councils use it and promote it to their units (and the councils get a percentage of the money.)

By the way, Kate is the Queen's granddaughter in law, not her daughter in law.

The Secret Service Presidential Protective Division is part of the Department of Homeland Security, whereas the Personal Assistant to the President (aka Body Man) is a White House employee. It may be that the agents occasionally do stuff for the President, but it is the Bod Man's primary responsibility. Incidental expenses come out of the President's salary.

I wonder how they plan to deliver the popcorn?

"I wonder how they plan to deliver the popcorn?"

If we were living in rational times, it would be my hope that the President would send Air Force One to pick up the lad, his parents, his den and den leaders to bring them to the White House do deliver the popcorn.

But we live in a world where people complain when the President plays golf on a Sunday afternoon.