BSA Should Ban Fat People

While at Summer Camp this year, I looked at our adult leaders when they were lined up and noticed that most leaders are very, very overweight.

I would like to propose that BSA ban fat people. Fat people are clearly not doing their best. They are eating more food than is their share. They are spending the rest of our money on their health problems. They are getting diabetes and heart disease and making our insurance rates go up. Fat people are immoral.

And you can see the fat! It's right there! They are fat right there in front of you for all to see! Look at them!

The boys can see the fat. The boys are getting fatter. Clearly there is some movement afoot to recruit our youth to be fatties. You can see the fat moms and dads offering them juice boxes, juice bags, candy, donuts, and other bad foods on a regular basis? When was the last time you saw a scout leader eating vegetables and lean meat in small quantities?

This disgusting, sinful, gluttonous behavior is banned by the bible.

Philippians 3:18-20 For many, of whom I have often told you and now tell you even with tears, walk as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction, their god is their belly, and they glory in their shame, with minds set on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ

Why are fat people allowed in BSA?

Shirts shouldn't come in any size bigger than adult large. Men's pants shouldn't stretch any farther than 34 inches in size. Women's uniforms should all be size 6 or smaller.

Anyone who has an XL or XXL size anything in the scouts should be thrown out. They are a bad example to the youth. They do not follow the scout law. They do not obey the scout oath. They are lying when they take the oath because they do not intend to follow it and be physically strong or do their duty to God.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why one would consider this trolling. There are weight restrictions in place by BSA, especially when it comes to certain activities like Philmont.

Who knows how far BSA plans to reach on this subject.

Stosh

Both threads are trolling.

I think it is pretty obvious what I am doing. I am pointing out that something is factually accepted by all to be bad behavior for your health and a bad example for youth that quite a large percentage of scout leader do while complaining that somehow gay and atheist people are immoral.

Sorry, but in my family, we are not fat and we don't smoke. Not ever. We view it as immoral. So when someone addicted to cigarettes with a XXL size shirt stretching the buttons tells me that gays and atheists are going to ruin the scouts, I'm looking at them trying not to laugh my head off.

My dear friends, you too are ruining the scouts. How can I get my youth to believe that they need to be physically healthy when you are the picture of bad health by your own choice, and unlike our gay/atheist friends, wear it on your body like a badge of pride?

You cannot hide from the youth that you smoke. They know. Heck, your children breath it. You cannot hide from the youth that you are 100 pounds overweight. We all know it. Why it has become wrong to point out your big belly and say, "That's gross. Stop eating ice cream." is beyond my comprehension.

If we are going to have national policies that forbid people to be leaders based on the bible, based on good examples for youth, based on clean living, the reputation of BSA, or the health and safety of all, or whatever the rationalizations are for keeping out the gays and atheists, then please, let's take it to its logical next step.

Only non-smokers with a BMI of 26 or lower need apply. Anyone else is overweight and addicted and unqualified.

And, while I would never actually recommend such a ban, I think the point stands that all of the arguments are identical.

All of the responses to it are basically hand waving. There is no justifying banning gays and atheists with the inconsistency of allowing fat smokers.

"Anyone who has an XL or XXL size anything in the scouts should be thrown out"

So much for the Draft Mike Rowe movement, no way he fits into a men's large shirt, or Tom Brady, or most any professional athlete

HEHEHE

End troll feeding

Mike Rowe is 6' tall and less than 190 pounds. I doubt he can fill out a Large shirt.

Sumo doesn't count, Scout Leaders.

Keep those rationalization coming! They aren't making my point at all /sarcasm(This message has been edited by BSA24)

Hmmm. Well technically I am "obese", though I am heading in the right direction and in another 15 pounds or so I will just be "overweight", according to my doctor. (I took offense the first time my doctor used the word "obese" at me, but that is what his chart says, and I suppose it has been part of the motivation in my very gradual progress.) Oddly enough though, I am already under the maximum for my height on the BSA chart.

But then again, I have spent the last 10+ years in this forum advocating "local option" in the BSA and I now (although I didn't always) support the right of gay people to get married.

And I don't smoke nor do I allow smoking in my house, for whatever that's worth.

So do I get to stay in, BSA24, or should I say, Jonathan Swift?

False moral equivalence has been part of this debate for awhile. The usual is comparing being gay to being a murderer or a drug dealer. THAT is the false equivalence.

DADT for smoking works for the Swift patrol, but obesity and other forms of physical weakness can not be hidden from the impressionable Scouts. Car Camping plus Ben & Jerry's in the cooler are the sign of an immoral unit!

;)

I'm 6' 2", and an adult large would not even be long enough to tuck in. Has nothing to do with my waistline, either.

But yes, this is trolling.

Fat people can lose weight. Smokers can quit. What is the alternative for one's preference?

Oh, and if you quote the Scout Law as a reason, which of the 12 Points is violated by fat people?(This message has been edited by Eolesen)