Happy Blasphemy Day

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed, you have utterly failed to point out what other beliefs follow from atheism; if atheism is a "belief system," it appears to consist of the one trivially true statement that the "belief system" of atheism contains atheism. Which means bowling is the "belief system" that contains bowling.

Ed,

You can't win this one any more than you can lose it at this point. Merlyn obviously won't admit to having a belief system despite the fact that some of previous comments certainly suggest otherwise. That, and that he has an unnatural obsession with bowling. Hmmm...

Anyway, the more I follow this, the more I agree with skeptic, except that using an actual wall would be far less painful and would yield a much more satisfying result.

(This message has been edited by sherminator505)

You did express a certain disdain for the term.

Yes. So what?

But then, I'm guessing you will come up with some argument denying that, too.

No, I've been denying things people have been making up about atheism. Like your weird laundry list of things that atheists "have to believe," even though atheists don't have to believe them.

Well Ed, if you want to think that atheism, disbelief in Zeus, and bowling are belief systems, go ahead. I think that makes "belief system" a rather useless term (not that it's terribly useful anyway).

I never brought up Zeus or bowling. That was you, Merlyn.

atheist - a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings.

atheism - the doctrine or belief that there is no God.

Maybe atheism is a disbelief system!

Welcome Mr. Leroy, to that which you deny, nor comprehend. I am all those things, and more:

ELOHIM,EL SHADDAI,ADONAI,JEHOVAH,JUDGE,EL-OLAM "Everlasting God", 'Attiq Yomin "Ancient of Days", FATHER, THE FIRST AND LAST,

THEOS "God", JESUS, CHRIST, THE GREAT I AM."

But I never said that was a belief system! So I could not have believed it! You must understand!