I hate to be a wet blanket, or be accused of being "PC", but I looked at the blurb at that web page and found this:

Aloha Sandbar

Tired of hearing bad guys screaming "allah achchbar"? Head on down to Aloha Sandbar and take a load off!

So basically this shirt is making fun of how people say "God is great" in a different language? Is that supposed to be funny?

Dude take a nice deep cleansing breath and count to ten. The shirt in question says Aloha Sandbar with a Tiki hut a dude in uniform with weapon and a surfboard. Who among us has not had a pleasant fantasy usually induced by a beach boys cd of a beach, a board, and some small bikini's. "Allah akabar" is what the other guys shout when they are pressing the button on their ticket to paradise and 72 virgins. The reality is the other guy is dead and you have to get up tomorrow and go to work.

OK OK OK

For those of us who have served. That seems a little funny, because when we have typically heard "Allah akabar", it was usually right before something bad happened.

Maybe we can take this to a different direction. I thought that it was funny because I have always asked, "Why do we liberate 3rd world countries?"

Doesn't bermuda need Liberation???

That is just my sense of humor after doing time in the desert mountains.

IMHO, people need to lighten up, not everything is meant to be insulting.

I took this as a humorous way for military personnel to show where they would rather be. I did not see anything derogatory towards the people who say "Allah Akbar", but rather a desire to be in a different location. Oh, well, some people like to look for bad in eerything.

By the way, how do they know the 72 virgins are going to be female? What a shock if the suicide bombers discover that their virgins are male instead of female?!

The shirt would have been fine, in my mind, without the description explaining the idea behind it. I wouldn't have connected the two phrases. It still seems like a stretch to me.

Personally, I was more annoyed with the comments in this thread. It is the mindset that gets us in trouble, makes the world question us, and makes my job harder. Why can't we respect each other and other beliefs? One person's actions doesn't define the whole group (well at least it shouldn't).

Please don't "speak on behalf of those of us who have served," I am a Veteran of OEF (Afghanistan) and will be heading to Iraq in 2009, and obviously I don't agree.

funscout; that is way too funny! (picture this)...Dead terrorist: What is this abomination?!! Which flea infested son of a camel herder has switched the virgins? I have to do WHAT?... WITH A MAN?... 72 MEN?? I should have never believed...

"It is the mindset that gets us in trouble, makes the world question us, and makes my job harder. "

The funny thing is that it's apparently okay for the rest of the world to mock us but not okay for us to mock them. Everyone else gets to give their opinion of how we run our country but tell us, "Damn Yankees, stay out of our business."

All together now, "We are the world, we are the children . . ."

Gold Winger writes:

The funny thing is that it's apparently okay for the rest of the world to mock us but not okay for us to mock them.

This is the usual refrain of someone who hates being criticized by someone else who has the audacity to disagree with their opinion. Being criticized for acting boorish? My heart bleeds for you. Grow up and grow a spine.