Gold Winger Wrote:

"The funny thing is that it's apparently okay for the rest of the world to mock us but not okay for us to mock them. Everyone else gets to give their opinion of how we run our country but tell us, "Damn Yankees, stay out of our business." "

I personally didn't think the Scout Oath and Law left much room for mockery?

Fellow Scouters,

Maybe not as a Troop's "class B" t-shirt. Although I've heard much, much more offensive things around the campfire and even here in our forum.

But isn't that the great thing about Citizenship in the Nation. That we as Americans have the right to wear a T-shirt like this (and other similar T-shirts that you see on college campuses, high schools, malls, on the beach, downtown, and out in the country).

I'm not going to run out and purchase one of these T-shirts, but about 18 years ago, I owned a "I'll fly 10,000 miles to smoke a camel" T-shirt. I don't think anyone would laugh at my faded old "Better Dead than Red" t-shirt anymore (especially not my Russian neighbors). I never purchased an "Uzi Does It" t-shirt, but a buddy did.

While, a T-shirt like this is maybe not the best topic for the Scouter.com forum. I hope that no one casting stones at GW, has ever made a wisecrack or offensive comment about anyone else.

Who knows... If I saw GW on the street wearing this T-shirt, I would probably roll my eyes. If I saw GoldWinger at a Camporee, my psuedo greater-than-thou attitude may fling a pebble his way.

I try to humble myself, but I'm still a sinner.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv