An Old-Fashioned Run on a Bank

"GW, yeah I've read those arguments in the blogs too."

I don't read blogs. I don't think that I've ever visited a blog.

However, if you can't establish that someone said something, you shouldn't be putting it out there as a quote. Should you? So much for academic honesty.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Edited message:

Here's a source. The author could be wrong.

Just got it from a historian friend...

cited in "Lenin, A Biography" by David Shub 1948. I'll check to make sure though.

So what do you think about the legislation? Do you think it will fix anything? Why? or why not?(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

"Lenin was supposed to have made the observation to one of his close associates, Grigori Zinoview, not long after a meeting o the PolitBuro in the early 1920's, but there is no evidence that he ever did. Experts on the Soviet Union reject the rope quote as spurious" from "They Never Said That" by Boller and George. Of course they have their own citations for the claims.

You can go with your old book and I'll go with my new book.

As for the legislation, I don't care. I don't have any money and it is unlikely that I ever will.

House passed the legislation 263-171. Buckle your seat belts. If AP is to be believed, House passed Senate legislation in toto, and it's off to 1600 Pennsylvania for a signature party.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081003/ap_on_bi_ge/financial_meltdown

George W Bush: The Republican who believed in writing new deficits. That will be his political legacy.

Yah, there's no 700+ billion dollar package that can't get passed if yeh add $150 billion in pork to it, eh?

Wish I had da money to set up a monument in Washington with da names of all the congressmen who voted for this thing, so that next year and in the years following when the vultures come home to roost, they will be remembered for their legacy.

B

Heh. TO be fair, a lot of the extra "stuff" that makes up the additional $150 billion is stuff that Congress would have gotten around to doing sometime in the next 6 months anyway. Staving off the Alternative Minimum tax for middle class voters it was never intended to target anyway (which is done annually it seems), extending the renewable energy tax breaks, etc. Now some was newer and some was, yes, pure pork having nothing to do with the economic crisis at hand.