Dad crusades against God in school

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed writes:

A nativity display on the courthouse lawn is not endorsing any religion.

Sure it is, Ed. Not all religions center on your god.

Didn't lie Merlyn. I don't lie.

Yes, you do lie Ed. Here's a statement you made that is a lie:

"After all, both want nothing more than the removal of God from everything at any cost!"

That's a lie.

My statement is my opinion of your methods.

No Ed, the above statement is a lie, not an opinion. You are lying about what I want, and your statement is contrary to what I've publically said in this forum. In other words, you're lying about my position.

Now, other statements you've made in this thread ARE opinion, and I didn't call you a liar over them; but above, you are deliberately lying about what my position actually is, and I will call you a liar when you do that.

By the way Ed, how would you suggest I get by without using currency? I'm not hypocritical, I support Newdow's (and others) efforts to remove these inappropriate statements from US currency. You would probably whine about how that would "infringe" on your "rights" to worship.

Hey OGE, I'd still like to know how your example "atheist" message is atheistic. I could probably find a number of posts by you in scouter.com that don't mention gods in any way -- does that mean you're promoting atheism in those posts? I'll argue with you instead of Ed, but you aren't even keeping up your end.

Gee, Merlyn, are the catcalls from the hooligan in the cheap seats getting under your skin? I thought you had more dignity that to stoop to that level. Some comments aren't worth responding to, and in those cases, silence says more. We're not stupid you know.

OGE, I'm always happy when I can defuse a situation between adults in my troop, but that's hard enough, and I know those people. Here in the forum, it seems even harder.

Merlyn, I don't get it. Why you respond to Ed the way you do, that is. Your position is consistent and usually well-stated. Most of us understand the position, and a number of us even agree with you. But when you get into these back-and-forth postings with Ed, it just seems like it waters down the effectiveness of your comments. Ed's responses to your postings are entirely predictable, I think we can all safely assume that he's not going to come around to your position anytime soon. So why bother rolling around in the mud with him?

(((sounds of crackling fire in back ground)))

Oh, you can't get to heaven (oh you can't get to heaven)

In a red canoe (in a red canoe)

'Cause the darn Girl Scouts (cause the darn Girl Scouts)

Will follow you (will follow you)

Oh, you can't get to heaven in a red canoe 'cause the darn Girl Scouts will follow you, I ain't gonna grieve, my Lord, no more I ain'ta gonna grieve my Lord no more, I ain'ta gonna grieve my Lord no more I ain'ta gonna grieve, my Lord, no more.

Oh, you can't get to heaven

In Merlyns pants

Cause Merlyns pants

Are full of ants....

** * * (etc)

And you can't get to heaven

In old Ed's car

Cause Ed's car must

Be full of rust...

And you can't get to heaven

No, not right now

Cause soon enough

You'll find out how... *

* * * * * * * ((What rhymes with dot com??) (This message has been edited by SSScout)

While closing the thread IS one way to stop this, it shuts down everyone else's ability to have a conversation too.

I'm not a big one for censorship. Although I'd far rather see both Ed and Merlyn know when to say "enough" I am content to skim over their (sorry, but) predictable and cheap shots at each other. Both seem to find a certain level of enjoyment so hey, let them have at it and the rest of us can just talk around them.

Yeah, I could close the thread and the next one that Ed and Merlyn begin to go at it and then the next, and the next and the next

We could put both Ed and Merlyn on Sabbatical but I have no reason to beleive that when they returned either would behave in a different manner

We could excuse them from all future participation in the forum but that would place them in the same category of a few miscreants such as Juris, WHEELER and a few others and as frustrating Ed and Merlyn can be, they just aren't in that league

So, for the present I think Lisabob's idea is best, read around these guys, if I get enough PM's requesting other action, it will be considered