Open Letter to Yaworski

Alright yaworski against the recommendation of a couple of fellow posters I'm going to address you directly.

I have to belive that you write the things you do out of sport, to elicit a response or start a debate, because you can't possible this ignorant in real life. If in fact you act like this just for fun, you need to find a more productive way to spend what time you have been given on this earth.

You have no way of knowing what our parents beliefs were or are (as you alluded to in one post). But let me take one guess at your parents beliefs...

I would think that your mother would be ashamed to read your posts. She would have to question her success as a parent to raise someone (regardless of what your age might be) who would use the acronym that you used in a another post (As a scout leader I take my promise to be Clean too seriously I suppose, as I had to do a google search to discover the meaning.)

If your mother is alive I hope you show her what you wrote and explain its meaning. Don't forget to tell her that there are minors who read this board who I'm sure also looked up the meaning. If your mother is no longer alive for you to embarass I mourn your loss, but I am relieved she is spared the anguish of knowing your lack of maturity and decency.

I am not surprised that you are not bothered by the crude and obscene behaviour of the scout in question in an other string since you seem to share in his total absence of character.

As I said before my parents taught me not to back down from bullies. I'm thankfull they also taught me right from wrong. It's a shame your parents lacked the same commitment to your development.

My personal thought (since you have posted your belief that I have none) is that your participation on this board (and to scouting in general) is as valuable as a bicycle to a fish.

You owe an apology to the women on this board for your thoughtless language, to the men on this board many of whom have wives in the scouting program and to the young people who read this, for your thoughtless and crass language.

I have taken the time to share my feelings about your behaviour with the managers of this site, what actions they take are up to them. They can bounce me from this board if they like, should they feel this is more my problem than yours. But its time someone called a spade a spade.

Feel free to rebut this if you'd like. I would not be surprised to find you have some twisted rationale for the vulgarity you used. So take your best shot. Make your mama proud!

Bob White

(This message has been edited by Bob White)(This message has been edited by Bob White)

Bob, you're saying things that aren't found in a BSA publication. Wow!

If you find my language vulgar and offensive, you should never read Shakespeare , the Old Testament, or Vonnegut. If you find acronyms offensive, I hope that you never get into a SNAFU where everthing is FUBAR and the only thing to do is cry out, "BOHICA!". I trust that you never say, "Oh heck", or "Oh darn" or worse, "Gosh darn it all!"

I trust that you never take your wife to any movie that is not rated G. Should we assume that you only watch the Disney Channel on TV.

Lastly, you, of all people, should know that there's never any need to apologize for the truth.(This message has been edited by yaworski)

Proving that I'm not working the way as hard as I should be, I saw the original version of your post, Yaworski, and managed to be both offended and amused as you proved Bob's point so perfectly.

It's odd, too, because despite being both female and saved by grace, I unfortunately must confess that in person, I have been known to swear like a sailor. I know it doesn't reflect well on me, and I am trying to improve my vocabulary. But you know, the nice thing about the computer is that it has a BACKSPACE button so that I can exercise more restraint here. I wish you would too.

"What is truth ?

Is truth unchanging laws?

We both have truths,

are mine the same as yours?"

Pontius Pilate

Jesus Christ Superstar

Yaworski,

The truth is I find many of your postings to be rude, crude and beyond the limits of a gentleman, let alone a Scouter.

It appears phrases like "trying to get into the pants of one of the girls" and "cajones" and other vulgar if not obscene comments trip off your keyboard with regularity.

The truth is you have no idea of what my views or others posters views on world politics are.

The truth is no matter what is said, you will continue to be you, and you have every right to post what you want.

The truth is way to much time and energy is being wasted on trying to alert you on how your style ruins your message.

The truth is I will no longer respond to what I see as outrageous, off-color and obnoxious comments, someone who would rather cause consternation than make a serious contribution to the issue.

Poor OGE, upset by my descriptive language. Folks like you are why some describe the position of a pocket as "left chest" instead of "left breast." Breast might offend the OGEs of the world.

If cojones offends you, please don't testify in court because that would probably offend you as well.

I may well ask, "What issue?" A bunch of whiners who cry because someone makes humping motions at another? I'm surprised that the descriptive term "humping" didn't offend you.

I have been ignoring Yaworski for some time now and plan to continue to do so. I suggest that those who take offense at Yaworski's posts ignore him. The nice thing about the internet is that you can pretend that some one is not there and get away with it. Why debate with this guy? If everyone boycotts his posts and does not respond, he will get bored and hopefully go away or clean up his act.

Yaworski, do not expect a response to your next post. You won't get one from me.

Almost put this on my thread about nasty postings, but I think it may fit better here:

Last year, when a disagreement with a teacher turned to personal attacks against me my husband said a very wise thing ---

"Don't wallow in the muck with a pig. You only end up covered in filth, and the pig likes it!"

Words to live by.