Absloute morality vs relative morality

Good Sunday All

>>Moreover, I think those basics arise from simple application of logic and require nothing else.>Which is why I don't understand why anyone thinks morality MUST depend on religious faith and that without such faith there can be no such moral codes.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Because of the guy with the biggest stick. religious morality protects the people whose individual influence is too small to make a difference in society. usually the poor. Morality is basically what society dictates it to be, just as you guys keep trying to say. But without some kind of respect for the for the source, morality changes as the source changes. Usually that is a change in leadership and usually the little people don't get a say and suffer the most. In other words, without God, morality comes from the guy with the biggest stick."

Some would say that is a quite logical explanation for the origin of religion. ;)

BTW Packsaddle, I would feel comfortable being the hooded executioner. If I were governor, the wait on death row would be as long as it takes to clean off the chair from the previous guy. But then again, why waste taxpayer money on the expense of clean up.

I think in the end, this discussion proves that morality is absolutely relative.