Not being privy to the complexities of each parental relationship I see, and lacking the the skills of a pschologist, the training of a pscho-analyst, or the insight of a psychic, I will the leave ambiguous task of judging parents intentions to a higher authority.

Bob White

How about a third choice for "please clarify the question"? What does "todays parents" mean? All parents? Some parents? A majority? All parents except for the person answering the question and his/her friends? (The last one is how I think people who vote "yes" probably interpret the question, at least subconsiously.)

By the way, I just noticed that our Seniority or Juniority as a Forum Member, or lack thereof, has been replaced by more specific information next to our username, such as our date of registration with the forum, our general geographic location and number of times we have posted. This is useful information. I have sometimes wondered where in the country some of the other posters live but never get around to checking the profiles. Now the information is right there, and it is also interesting to know how "active" different people are in the forum.

Thanks to the moderator for the improvement.

Kids need and want their parents to be their "parents" not their friends. If a parent is a parent then their kids will learn to respect them & consider them friends.

Bob,

I had the same problem with my profile. Check the thread that deals with it. I think I found a temporary solution.

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

Thanks Korea but when I go to district or OA events all the other Scouters think I'm 17.

Last time I had a Lodge Officer start to order me around. One of my Scouts looked at the guy in utter disbelief and said "DUDE! That's my Scoutmaster. He's not a kid!" It was pretty funny stuff for everyone involved.

I guess I'm Senior when y'all can't see me. LOL.