New Training feature at myscouting.org

The June-july Training update, mentioned it. But, since the update just came out, and they stated it as future weeks, and know how National is with deadlines. I was shocked when my husband said it was in the site..

The update stated:

In the coming weeks a new Training Validation feature will be added to the Training section of My Scouting. This feature will enable MyScouting users with a member ID to look-up individual training record history. This feature will include an option for Youth Protection training taken in the past two years as well as an All Training search.

It will be ok to check the training for leaders of your unit, so you can get your unit organized for the required training. If you have the charter info for you unit you would have the member ID's of your unit. For District, I hope for an eventual report of all the training that can be sent to Excel.. Getting the training info for the entire district this way would be ridiculous.

Also I found some strange things on mine, like I seemed to have taken youth protection 4 times between 11/02 and 11/03.. then only in the past 2 months.. No WAY, my YPT was more on the every 2 year cycle.. Other things are listed twice, same course number, taken on the same date.. Woodbadge date looks wrong too, but it could be completion date, rather then date of the training course.

I looked at it a few days ago and the dates for the training I completed were correct. Since it was missing a ton of other training I completed, I will photocopy the cards of the missing courses and will send to my council registrar. It is a good way to see what training council is aware of you completing.

Chazz Lees

JHankins - There is a report that shows ALL training for everyone in the district, including the YPT and electives like Woodbadge & Hazardous Weather? By, pull by position, do you mean the Registrar must first pull all SM, then all CM, then all CC.. etc, (thankfully the Committee jobs aren't detailed) or can it be pulled by district, it is just grouped by position & not by Unit?

I know of the trained & untrained. I had heard I could get a report on the untrained of the courses requires for their position that they have taken (all but YPT) so it is similar to the trained report, just not complete. I did not hear there was one to give me ALL training. But if the registrar needs to print off about (estimate) 15 seprate reports, there may be a reason he is not telling me about it.

What is the report called, so I can mention it to him by name.

The info from BSA is helping with those who showed trained but don't have all the courses listed that trained requires, because someone deemed them "to old to show", so I am left with trained people with incomplete (or no) required course lists.

If the council were smart they should set a policy for how to inform the registrar of missing courses. I think the registrar hearing seprately from 2,000 individual people may put him/her on overload, not to mention the posibility of missing some pieces of paper. It might be better for each unit to elect someone to gather the info on each person in the unit, and send in the info as a group.

I checked mine and most of my training is in there. It says I completed Safe Swim Defence in Jan/2008. It does not say that I have taken it three (e) times in the last three months as the training page says that I am still "in progress" on the course.

I did not find a "contact us" button nor do I know "who" to contact about the training page so I'll live with it as I rarely go on swimming outings here in the desert.

YiS,

Rick

You probably paid good money (or your unit did) for Woodbadge too..

for Woodbadge, have you completed your tickets? I am unsure if it is logged until then, I a stated I think my completion date might be more in line with ticket completion (or date of beading)..

I would suggest starting with your Training Chair for complaints about "missing items". Mostly the council takes your word for it as a scout. But those are two big ticket items. Luckily big ticket enough though that I would think you would have someone vouch for you if need be.

I've taken Wood Badge twice. First took the course in 1992 but I did not complete the ticket. Took it again on 2008 and earned my beads. Both Wood Badge courses showed up in my report. The dates listed for both were the last day of each course's last weekend.

Chazz Lees

Your probably correct Schiff.. Which was in my first comment "normally they just take your word", because my council I know has. But as we have seen on this forum each council is different.

I do know someone on this forum is one of the pilot councils needing Required training this year. Their council is not just taking the word. They are upset people did not keep their training cards, and are doing alot of work looking for who would have kept the paperwork on the courses of the past courses etc.. They aren't just taking their word for it, and sticking it in the computer, they are reseaching for Proof.

So each council is different.

CHLees3rd - Then I wonder what happen to our dates for woodbadge. Mine & my husband dated 12/01/07.

First off we are in climate that you don't hold your outdoor courses in December. Boys might camp then, but not everyone wanting to take training are such die-hards. Second we did not take woodbadge in the same year, our son was too small to both leave him for the weekend.. Third, our son would have been 17 in 12/01/07 so he would have been old enough, to leave alone. We think we took it about 2003 & 2004.

Schiff this may be that our Council did take our word for it. They lost records and asked for replacements. I just gathered all training on everyone and handed them the whole package, I never knew what was lost and what wasn't.. But still the lost records were earlier the 2007.. I have no clue over these dates. I think my husband had taken woodbadge, but I had not yet the first time they lost them. Both of us had taken it the 2nd time they lost them, but the two lost times were not too far apart from each other. No more then a year or so..

I've been working my "lifelong" ticket since my beading in 2007.

There is a point to this, and I hope Secret DE is out there observing: part of mandatory training is getting the data input. To me, adult training records are now as important for input to ScoutNet as some

erit badge for a 14 year old...

I'm surprised to see that most of my training is there going back to Cub Scout stuff.

But like John, WB is missing as is all my trips to National Camping School. I would assume Region (which administers NCS) has the same ability to input to ScoutNet as the council.

The only stuff that shows up for me are the trainings I've done online through MyScouting.org

Nothing else has shown up...WB, Commissioner Training, Cub Scout Training (I taught CS fundementals for 4 years), NLATS, ect. That means my last few Councils haven't been entering in my training, nor has Regional.