Improper use of food

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to Mrs Turtle about this and she said "sometimes boys (looking at ours) could USE a little hazing. But she hates to see food wasted--so shaving cream yes--food no. She hates the wedding cake smash as well. So opinions differ.

Go back to your grandparents and ask them about "the correct use of food" vis-a-vis the depression years. Talk about avoiding waste. Speak to Philmont campers about "human sumps" and waste of food. Speak to your local Food Bank (here it is called "Manna") about waste of food. Be aware of the number of folks around the world without the assurance of tomorrow's dinner and be thankful for our abundance. Maybe after that, a cream pie in the face will be acceptable.

Cubmaster ala mode.

As I walk thru our local super market, I marvel not so much at the AMOUNT of food (amazing in it's tonnage and source), but the innumerable VARIETY and CHOICE. And the fact that there is SOMEONE out there that will buy it, whatever it is. (Hearts of Palm from Israel? Tangelos from Chile?And we expect it and are dissapointed when they aren't there?)

The Romaine lettuce comes from the Imperial Valley in California, and I decide to buy it because it is priced at $1 a head (oo! a bargain!) instead of $1.49. 3,000 mile lettuce.