The new uniform.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per the National Supply Division the Cub are going to keep the blue uniform, at least for now.

Webelos will be moving into the new uniform - however, they want the Cubs to wear the red unit numbers on the shirt to indicate a Cub.

Admittedly I'm totin' some 8-9 pack abs, but it is the diameter of the quadriceps and the zipper seam that is the difference maker for me. The current Switchbacks are actually a little loose in the seat and I've got PLENTY of belt left, BUT...

The current Switchbacks become constrictive at the quads when I get a little muscle pump on the quads going from a strenuous stretch on a hike or if I'm bouldering with those things on. I just hope the relaxed fit addresses THAT fit.

Per my council shop manager, the button on the back of the right pocket was designed for an ipod or mp3 player. They were also shocked at the USB light and fan they had received labeled as camp gear.

Karen

Heaven forbid that people today spend an hour without their mp3 players. That goes for kids and adults.

Going to the gym used to be a social experience, "Hi, how's it going?" "Adding more weight today?" "How's that knee?" "How about da Bears?" Now, everyone is in their own world with earplugs stuffed in their ears.

Last fall, I pulled into my gym's parking lot. It was raining and the car next to mine had its windows wide open. I'd have put them up but they were electric. I went into the gym, checked the locker rooms but they were empty (I called into the ladies). So I went into each of the workout rooms and bellowed, "Who has a blue Volvo? Your window are open and its raining!" No one even looked up because they had their ears plugged.

Go hang out with your buds? Let's listen to different music together.

Yes, I have an MP3 player but I have no idea where the earphones are.

" Makes mundane tasks less mundane!"

I understand completely, I don't have an Ipod myself, but I understand how listening to music you love would help pass the time when doing something totally boring.

BTW, do you think that scouts who find camping mundane should be allowed to use Ipods?

Oh, the plugged in generation. When I walk, I want to be aware of my surroundings. Most of the time, in my care, I have the windows open so I can hear the engine and the sounds of my tires, there's a lot of information there that the average driver misses. Same is true on a bike, either pedal or motor. On a hike, I want to hear the woods, the birds, the bees, the distant roll of thunder . . .

The new uniform vs the old uniform.

IPod vs No IPod.

Isn't it great that we can voice our opinion in this great Nation.

Remember that this coming Monday is Memorial Day. If you haven't taken the time yet, go out and thank a Vet.