switchbacks on sale 2 for 1

Scoutstuff.org must have an oversupply, or else rumors about total uniform change are true, because they're running a 2 for 1 sale on the switchbacks, for men, women, and youth.

To find the info, go to www.scoutstuff.org and type "switchback sale" into the search box. When you click on the picture of the pants you'll see all the info and the sale detail is toward the bottom of the screen, just above the red "promo code."

Or try this link but it is really long and i don't know if it will work:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/default.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&C2=UNIFORMS&C3=SBSALE&C4=&LV=3

The last thread to discuss this (started less than 72 hours ago) mentioned that there were minor changes being made to the pants so they are probably trying to get rid of the "1st generation" stuff to make room for the new "and improved (hopefully)" stuff.

I'm heading down the scout shop this morning to see if they are doing the sale or just at the website. I'll report back with my recon.

if 2fer at the shop, I'll pick up one pair for his current size and one a size bigger so he can wear them in a month or two.

Wonder if it has anything to do with the truckload of SwitchBacks that ended up in a salvage store here recently. Apparently they got lost or something on the way to the jamboree. The SE alerted National and they bought them back.

Ed

That's my punishment for supporting my scout shop 3 weeks ago. (chuckle) They go on sale afterwards. I'm glad they're altering them. I'm not happy with the pair I bought. They don't fit right. Oh, the waist is correct, but they don't fit right in other ways, just can't describe it well.

AND I HATE THE SEWN IN WEB BELT! I'm going to dig out my seam ripper and unstitch that worthless thing and remove it.

"AND I HATE THE SEWN IN WEB BELT! I'm going to dig out my seam ripper and unstitch that worthless thing and remove it."

It's not "sewn in," it is just held in place by the stiches that hold the tag on. No need for a seam ripper, just pluck at it and the entire length of thread will come undone.

Well I asked at our scout shop and they are NOT honoring the sale (but the ones in two nearby councils are). Just FYI, be sure to call and ask first if you're planning a trek to your scout shop for this purpose.

Well, it is a national sale. Perhaps the council owned stores have the option to have the sale or not because they have purchased the pants already at the regular price and do not want to loose money.

(This message has been edited by ScoutNut)

Correction to my last post - our local scout shop is now honoring the sale. What they aren't doing is allowing anyone who bought pants at full price a week or so before the sale to double up. I guess I can understand that but still...urgh. Would have been nice to know the sale was coming, because I'd have waited. The kind folks at our scout shop told me they didn't know either though and that national supply just sprung it on them.

• 2 weeks later...