Two patches on sleeve?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Margaret, welcome to the Forums! :)

Back in the day (1969-70 or so when I was DC), we didn't have a patch for Den Chief, ONLY the cord.

I like Scoutldr's idea. Cord, PL patch.

I agree with TheScout that the young man should ask his PL (and on up until he gets a good answer).

In a good world, I hope you can keep this information in your back pocket and see what answers your son gets.

"A scout should direct any uniform questions to his patrol leader."

Of course as in this case when he is the Patrol Leader, he might:

Be happy with the answer he comes up with?

Be ready for people wearing white jackets who come to take him away? When he isn't happy with his answer and keeps telling himself that he is wrong.

Get some strange looks from the other Scouts, who think he is nuts for talking to himself.

Resign and ask the new PL?

(I'm sorry it was just too easy!!)

Margaret,

Welcome to the forum.

I'm happy to go along with scoutldr.

Eamonn.

"You would think he would be able to consult the combined expertise of the PLC,"

ROFLMAO!

"So between the PLC and the PL nobody can consult an Insignia Guide? "

Most adults don't know that the Insignia Guide exists so why would the boys?

I cant apoligize for someone I dont know, but I would have your son ask his scoutmaster. hopefuly if I am correct he will consalt the the guide witch will tell him to wear just the pl badge with the dc cord.

however it is important that your son do the asking, to help with his growth and independince as a scout.

~thebigguy

Margartet,

You got your simple answer. The may only wear one position patch.

The Insignia Guide says one position patch. Do some wear two? Yes. Is that proper. No.

You could also buy him a second shirt for Den Chief wear.

you'll find incredibly long threads about proper uniforming and how much of a fuss we should make over creative patch placement. I don't care who asks the question. Most of the Scouts in my son's troop are barely aware that they need patches on their uniforms and it is ususally a parent that brings the subject up with me.

Now I'll go on about how I'm confused as to why my original comments disappeared and then reappeared later. Could it be interference from the government or possibly the Asgard.(This message has been edited by Gold Winger)

Margaret, welcome to the Forums.

There's an old saying that if you give a man a fish, you've fed him for a day -- but if you teach a man to fish, you've fed him for life.

That saying is appropriate here because your son needs to learn how to find his own answers, and he's no longer a Cub Scout, so having mom do it for him isn't really the best way for your son to learn.

By the way, the Musician patch isn't really a position patch; as the others have said, consult your Insignia Guide, and encourage the PLC to become familiar with it (if they aren't already).