Option for official pants

Saw something interesting the other day that would make a wonderful option for those who don't want to invest in the Official pants (Supply Division's motto: We may suck but we're expensive).

What is thise interesting thing? The Amerikilt (www.amerikilt.com). Available in olive green, it would look great with knee socks, maybe with a skean dubh tucked into one of them.

(This message has been edited by Fat Old Guy)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having been a bagpiper and knowing many a guy who will proudly sport a kilt (including the one I am dating), I am all about a kilt option for the Boy Scout uniform.

I definately remember a Venturing Crew discussion about our uniforms almost four years ago, and kilts were discussed, grant it a lot of things were discussed and we're all wearing the official green shirts now anyway, but kilts were mentioned --that may have been my first conversation with OGE...

Wow this topic came up at just the right time. Our venture crew is doing a station at our council camporee called the highland games, where we will be wearing grey utlikilts with an embroierd Venture "V". On a side note, we voted 12-0 not to wear them in the scottish mannor ;)

F.S.

This mental image is just tooooooo delicious. I arrive at summer camp with the troop. All the counselors and troop leaders are wearing kilts. White, flabby, hairy legs and knobby knees, ample bellies hanging over. I make my way to the trading hut to get mine so I can join in. The boys are really quiet, just a little nervous. It'd make me proud. I think it's a great idea. You know this would make a great cartoon. H'mmmm

Acco -- I don't understand you question. If you are wearing your kilt properly, why would you need official skivvies?

While I applaude the concept of the "American" denim kilt, I'll stick with my tartan kilts. Granpa always said going first class just doesn't cost that much more.