Hats On Hats Off

someone mentioned removing shoes in houses. I will remove them when asked, but otherwise I don't... I'm sorry but I have planters faciatitus and a bone spur in my heel and without shoes and my orthotics going without them can be very painful and lead me to walking around with my cane and taking vicodin for the remainder of the day and possibly the next. sometimes there are reasons for people to do something that others think is "rude" or "disgusting"

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

During my brief time of Federal service I used to love to root around in the old store rooms since much of the old federal furniture could only be disposed of with great difficulty. You could find all sorts of old museum pieces (well 1940's or so) to stick in your cubicle.

One the "prizes" reserved for managers or above were old ornate wood hat stands. I rarely see them anymore. I recall when I was young that you went into a restaurant, even a diner, and there was a hat rack or hat/jacket rack near the door. You took off your hat when you came in. This was in Florida so it was not just a "winter thing".

I miss hats. Unfortunately along with no neck I was born with a poor hat head. I wear one on camp-outs but look neither dashing or snazzy.