Eagle Scout - Co-Ed ever?

Chazz,

Sorry I needed to clarify. In reading on the history of Sea Scouts, I thought I read that ADM Nimitz, CinCPAC, had a standing order I mentioned above, but upon reflection, he wouldn't have that authority. It may have been ADM. King, CNO. BUT that was only during WWII.

I do know that Sea Scouts did some sub patrol duties in the Gulf. I got the pic and I want the patch. ;)

But yes currently E-3.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

E-3 maybe, E-2 at least. I think much depends on the specialty needs of the service, the length of the service contract, and the enlistee. Hard to find this policy in writing on official military websites.

I have wondered why it is not printed on the Eagle congratulatory letter that he may receive from a branch of the service or the Joint Chiefs. Small print on bottom of letter stating

"Approved to enlist at E-3. See your recruiter for details."

My $0.02

When I get a chance I'll talk to the USMC recruiters I know. But, I'm pretty sure the word is out among the boys. (Not so sure about GS, I'll ask the one gold awardee I know if she was aware of the perk, and if so when she first learned of it.)

I also wonder if more uncommon awards get researched by recruiters. Although frankly, the point of the venturing awards is to direct youth to the appropriate national certifications that stand on their own. The bling, once earned, is largely superfluous.

When I enlisted in the Marines back in the mid-90's, Eagle Scouts were guaranteed E-2. I was promoted to E-2 at MEPS the morning I left and got paid as an E-2 throughout recruit training. I just wasn't officially a PFC until I earned the title of Marine.

Chazz Lees