Conducting an Interfaith Service (BSA supplemental training)

Hey Fred,

One other thing, and it's important: You pointed out a resource to us. It's something you've got a rep here on the board ... finding stuff and posting it for others.

That this resource in particular didn't sit well with many here doesn't invalidate your research or the advice you give on this board. I don't always comment, but I pretty generally look when you post something. You're a good man to have around Scouting, Mr Goodwin :)

Are you going to be at PTC this year during Relationships Week?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could someone please reference the requirement to worship? I understand the Duty to God and Reverent. But neither require worship. Some faiths do, and I understand that, but in the realm of BSA requirements, where does it state you must worship the higher being?

You are correct Gern. There is no requirement to worship. Some feel this is how one shows reverence but there are many other ways and worship is just one of them (to me one of the most important).

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

John, sadly I won't be at PTC this summer.

I have one week scheduled for family vacation and another to be a camp commissioner at our council's summer camp -- I doubt if my boss would let me take a third!

Enjoy your week.

In our Pack, when we go camping, our Scout's Own Sunday services are Christian with no apologies. Attendance is optional and no one is forced to attend. However, most folks attend and we have some from different religious backgrounds. We have received no complaints. None.

Our Pack is chartered by a Baptist Church and we honor the faith of our sponsor.

Interfaith services that mix different religions don't work. They are pointless exercises. I know the BSA means well, but worshiping God and then worshiping some generic nature deity cancels out worship altogether.