Commercial featuring Boy Scout image?

I was watching the Dallas-Arizona game yesterday (Nov 12) and while not paying much attention during a commercial, I saw an image of a Boy Scout flash by.

I think it was a painting of a Boy Scout, similar to a Rockwell, but I don't think it was a Rockwell painting. I believe it was a Chevy or Ford commercial, and although I waited for the rest of the game to see it again, it wasn't run again.

Did anyone else see the commercial I'm talking about? It would be great if it was available on YouTube or someplace.

As I recall the picture was of a boy wearing a campaign hat and a uniform type shirt. There were no insignia or markings on the shirt to indicate Boy Scouts but that was definitely the impression I got. Do we intemperate this image as being a Boy Scout because we are Scouts? The fact that this image was meant to represent the Values the maker of the product stood for leads me to believe that it was indeed intended to represent a Boy Scout. It was indeed a Chevy commercial.

LongHaul

As if that's not bad enough, we just had a POLITICIAN put his Eagle COH portrait in his campaign literature, AND place a mug with our Council CSP emblazoned on it prominently in his TV ad.

Called one of the SE's deputies at Council ... he was a mite upset.

Don't know if anything happened.

John, I don't see anything wrong with that. It doesn't sound gratuitous. IMO, he was not implying endorsement, he was just stating his qualifications. I think being an Eagle Scout is an important part of anyone's resume, politician or not.

I agree with Trevorum I am a hiring manager and I have hired people just on the fact they were Eagles. Now grated I work at Wendy's but I know of some companys who will only hire Eagles in my distict. I always tell my boys to put scouting on the resumes if nothing else it will show team work experiance and dedication ( if they but that much effort into a no paying org. what will they do when I pay them.)

I saw the commercial during the da Bears game as well.

To me it was along the lines of some kind of sophisticated ink blot test or a test of brand recognition. Yes, I immediatly thought Boy Scouts and probably most people will, but there was no insignia or logos, just a boy in uniform with a campaign hat and a kneckerchief. To me it tied in well with values and they got their point across to me,

I am not going to buy a truck , but I'll remember the commercial

1) It's perfectly right for folks to apply for a job and put Eagle Scout on the resume. It's a recognition of hard work.

2) It's OK for a politician to put "Eagle Scout" in his qualifications. Ditto.

3) IMHO it's NOT OK for a politician to IMPLY ENDORESEMENT from a BSA Council in his TV ad by having a coffee mug on his desk (barren but for the cup and his folded hands), with the Council CSP as the prominent logo!!