Eagle Scout slideshow

Hi gang,

I guess this is more of a poll then anything...

I was wondering how many troops do a slide show style presentation of pictures (or video) of the Eagle Scout of his years in Scouting as part of the ceremony during his Eagle court of honor. We have done it for our last several Scouts and they have been very popular.

Steve B

Scoutmaster, Troop 68, CMC

http://melrosetroop68.org/blog.html

I know I should spin off.

But....

I'm having a problem with power point.

I want to play music all the way through the presentation (several tracks)

The music seems to want to stop between each slide.

Any help that a dummy like me can understand would be a big help.

Thanks.

Eamonn

My parents had a video slide presentation done for my son's Eagle COH using photos from Tiger Cub thru 1997 National Jamboree which was the month prior to the COH. I still enjoy playing it but should probably have it changed to DVD. I don't remember all the music on it off the top of my head. One song is something about "I am the Eagle" by John Denver and another is Fly Like an Eagle I think by Steve Miller. Other similar songs but they escape me now.

As usual when I try and use this bulletin board system, it's not happy with either my password or simply crashes when I try and post. My apologies in advance if this hits multiple times. Is there even any admin-types around anymore who work on this thing. Anyway, enough ranting, Eamonn asked for help (and the system crashes when I try to spin this off into a new thread):

Eamonn wrote:

"I'm having a problem with power point.

I want to play music all the way through the presentation (several tracks)

The music seems to want to stop between each slide."

It's been a little while since I've had to edit a Powerpoint presentation (I handle logistics for continuing education trainings as part of my job), but from what I recall, here's what you can try:

Insert the music into the first slide you want it to start at.

Now in the dropdown menus at the top click on Slide Show

Choose Custom Animation

A new window will open on your screen with a mini-version of the slide in the upper right-hand side, a list of objects in the upper left-hand side and a bunch of tabs in the middle.

In the upper left-hand window, check mark which ever object is marked "Media". This is your sound clip.

Now click on the Multimedia Settings tab. Options for these settings will now appear in the bottom of the window.

Check "Play using animation order"

Click the bullet next to "Continue slide show"

Select the number of slides (pictures) the music is to play through without stopping.

If you want the music to loop, click the button on the right marked "More Options..." and then check the appropriate box.

Once you've made all the changes, you can either Preview your work or click OK and you should be done.

I wish it was easier, but we are talking about a Microsoft product (chuckle). Remember, Microsoft has NO BUGS in it's programming, just undiscovered FEATURES. :)