My name is Stephen and i am currently a 17yr old life scout hoping to achieve Eagle rank. However, I have lost some motivation to this goal but I am determined to finish it. Wish my luck everyone and please help when possible =) =)

Welcome Stephen,

If the rank of Eagle is a goal that you have determined that is important to you now and will benefit you in the future, then luck is not as important as good work. If you believe that cars, females or electronic gaming will benefit you the most at your age, then I wish you good luck.

If your goal has changed, then encouragement is no longer necessary. If your motivation has run low, then know this, your goal of Eagle is well respected by many and it will allow you to achieve future goals by giving you the kind of confidence gained by doing something that few ever achieve.

I hope you make the right choices for yourself now and in the future. My wish for you is Good Work because that is what it takes to become an Eagle Scout.

FB

Eagle Scout

WELCOME, Stam!

I regret not finishing my Eagle as a Scout. It's difficult to know today what will be valuable to you tomorrow, but there is no doubt that I would go back and change this if I could.

FB is right - it's less about good luck than clear thinking and good work.

Somewhere around here is a conversation about taking ourselves too seriously. Unfortunately, for Scouts (as opposed to Scouters) the opposite is true. The choices you make now truly do impact who you are in the future. Finish your Eagle. Even if it seems that you're not quite sure why. The "why" will become clear to you years from now -- when you'll be able to see that Eagle and the truth of finishing it, as an imporatant part of "who" you've become.

Good Thinking,

jd

As a Eagle Board Chair (and Eagle Scout) let me direct you to the man you see every morning in the mirror-he's the one you have to please and he knows how much you want it and he is the one who knows when you are doing your best-Let him motivate you everyday and in every way.

Welcome Stephen. Let me also encourage you to stick with this goal. It's something you'll never get another chance at. And, it will stay with you forever. I'm as proud to be an Eagle today as I was 24 years ago. And, yes, I was 17 when I received it as well.