We have a committee ldr who is abusive beyond tolerable limits.

14 hours ago, mrjohns2 said:

No. Based on what you have said, there would be no grounds for removal. One does not get removed for “bad leadership” as you say. 

This person yelled at most of the Pack Leaders for what all perceived as unprovoked. It's feeling like there is a negative bias coming from most of you, this was a good thing. This person was asked to step down because they treated every one like crap, was verbally abusive. Also, this person refused to submit applications for all leaders who disagreed with them. One applicant, in disagreement asked about whether we could have a campfire (allowed), calmly & politely said that he thought that we should have one because of where our Scouts were in training & experience. His application never saw the light of day, ever. There is so much more. We all have times that we disagree, what's important is how we deal with such.  That is what reveals good character. However, when you disagree with this individual, you were yelled at and/or punished in unreasonable ways. This is not one of those many various times in life where I was wrong, this individual is a monster, all of us agree about this. The Council was not light in thought or consideration to do this. *BTW, y'all throw those "Negative Rep" things like used Kleenex!

Edited by Brannigan
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Unless there is a YPT or safety violation....  Council doesn't care about your issues with other leaders.   What "tools" in Scoutbook are not being utilized?>

At the end of the day, the only ones to contact is the Chartered Org Representative/Institution Head. Thy approve all leaders, so Council is not the place to go.

Now that this (permanently) unnamed individual is permanently removed from Scout leadership roles for life, do you still feel the same way? Is it not obvious that he, not I, was at fault?

3 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

Also, this person refused to submit applications for all leaders who disagreed with them.

This is the prerogative of the CC if the COR agrees with them (or if they are the COR). It may destroy the unit, but they do have that authority. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
40 minutes ago, Brannigan said:

This person yelled at most of the Pack Leaders for what all perceived as unprovoked. It's feeling like there is a negative bias coming from most of you, this was a good thing. This person was asked to step down because they treated every one like crap, was verbally abusive. Also, this person refused to submit applications for all leaders who disagreed with them. One applicant, in disagreement asked about whether we could have a campfire (allowed), calmly & politely said that he thought that we should have one because of where our Scouts were in training & experience. His application never saw the light of day, ever. There is so much more. We all have times that we disagree, what's important is how we deal with such.  That is what reveals good character. However, when you disagree with this individual, you were yelled at and/or punished in unreasonable ways. This is not one of those many various times in life where I was wrong, this individual is a monster, all of us agree about this. The Council was not light in thought or consideration to do this. *BTW, y'all throw those "Negative Rep" things like used Kleenex!

Kleenex?  No...

You got a negative reply from me for your post:

"Well, this conversation appears to be unnecessary as the questionable replies appear to no longer exist which is kind of telling in and of itself. Good day to all."

You got people who did not see eye-to-eye with you on an issue that we have only one side of the story on...  I certainly did not understand what your message meant... "questionable replies appear to no longer exist..."  But then you become condescending and dismissive with "...which is kind of telling in and of itself. Good day to all."

That is why I gave you a negative.  Please put a more positive expression in your tone.  You catch more flies with honey...

Edited by InquisitiveScouter
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
33 minutes ago, mrjohns2 said:

This is the prerogative of the CC if the COR agrees with them (or if they are the COR). It may destroy the unit, but they do have that authority. 

Fortunately, our Pack still exists & my sons are happy as bees on flowers about it! There is a huge positive vibe now that this person has been removed, Council & CC have steered us through the storm. Question: why do y'all give "Negative Rep" marks every time you disagree with me? Your mark in particular, is making me want to close my account here. I think it is fair to say that if y'all do not stop flinging these "Negative Rep" marks, like monkeys fling poo, I will remove myself.

9 minutes ago, InquisitiveScouter said:

You catch more flies with honey...

What if there is not any Honey? None of us always has positive things to say. I understand that you want every thing to be positive but... there are moments where things are not positive. I came here to seek good council, good advice in a challenging situation & I received good scolding for things that I did not do. The negative bias towards me on here is a bit intense. Let me guess, another Negative mark is on the way? Consider me a flight risk.

@Brannigan,  Did council remove the person, or the CC remove them? I ask because when a similar situation occurred, I was told "Council does not get involved unless something criminal happens."  If council removed them, then something more happened, and charges may be forthcoming.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, Eagle94-A1 said:

@Brannigan,  Did council remove the person, or the CC remove them? I ask because when a similar situation occurred, I was told "Council does not get involved unless something criminal happens."  If council removed them, then something more happened, and charges may be forthcoming.

Firstly, thank you for not being so darned harsh to me as most have treated me on here. I appreciate it.

Council removed this individual but not for YPT or Safety reasons. I doubt that criminal charges are coming, this person was just... a monster. Over half of all Pack ldrs & CC have been attacked by this person. I know the CC "asked" that person to resign, which this individual did immediately.

Edited by Brannigan

Friend Brannigan.  From what I glean, reading thru the past (since May?), it would appear that your travails are over.  I hope Mr. Monster does not reappear somewhere else. Since he was a Cub Leader, we might assume he had some Cub(s) in the Pack. We therefore also hope they/she/he are doing Cub stuff successfully to their benefit.

It does happen, some times, that adults forget the lesson  oft repeated by Bob The Tomato (Vegetales):   "It's for the kids"

All too often, it becomes "It's for ME", meaning the adult....   

I am glad your Pack appears to have come thru healthier.

Now, go tie some knots..... 

• Thanks 2
14 minutes ago, SSScout said:

Friend Brannigan.  From what I glean, reading thru the past (since May?), it would appear that your travails are over.  I hope Mr. Monster does not reappear somewhere else. Since he was a Cub Leader, we might assume he had some Cub(s) in the Pack. We therefore also hope they/she/he are doing Cub stuff successfully to their benefit.

It does happen, some times, that adults forget the lesson  oft repeated by Bob The Tomato (Vegetales):   "It's for the kids"

All too often, it becomes "It's for ME", meaning the adult....   

I am glad your Pack appears to have come thru healthier.

Now, go tie some knots..... 

May I quote Eleanor Roosevelt? *collective yes + clapping & applause*

"When shall our conscience be so tender as to prevent human misery rather then to avenge it?"

When are we going to get to a place where default harshness & hatred, harsh uncompromising opinions & conflict is NOT the norm??

Be good folks, treat all well.

"It was hot in Los Angeles I was working the day watch. The Scoutmaster was home sick, my Committee chair is making S'mores. My name is Thursday. I'm a Den Leader. "

>>> The story you're about to hear is true. Only the names have been changed to protect the egotistical and stupid.<<<  

Please, go tie some knots....   

Wow the Cubs ....