My ugly mug doesn’t make it on the manifest either.:D

I would never bring instant coffee. Espresso or bust. :cool:

Seriously, I think there would be no problem. But, this is the kind of thing the Seabase captain would weigh in on. They might be provisioning your crew with coffee anyway. Drop him/her a line and find out.

13 minutes ago, qwazse said:

My ugly mug doesn’t make it on the manifest either.:D

I would never bring instant coffee. Espresso or bust. :cool:

Seriously, I think there would be no problem. But, this is the kind of thing the Seabase captain would weigh in on. They might be provisioning your crew with coffee anyway. Drop him/her a line and find out.

We're not doing the sailing adventure. We're doing the out island adventure, so we'll be on the island all week.

I found a document that showed they have percolators and coffee. 

I've often said that the most important safety item in scouting is a properly caffeinated scoutmaster.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, qwazse said:

Understood and, frankly, envious — runny coffee aside.

I was referring to the Seabase captain, not crew captain, i.e.,  the director of Seabase.

Ah, gotcha. Last time we went we did the big sailboat, something I won't do again.  Seasickness is the primary reason. 

We had coffee, but my memory is hazy as to if it was perc or instant.  Just send them an email about it.  Our crew had dietary issues, so there were a lot of emails back and forth with the base.  At that time, they were very responsive and we had answers to our questions within a day at most.  Granted, that was a few years ago, but hopefully that's still the case.  

Even though you're doing Out Island, you may want to pack some dramamine (or at least a little extra in the first aid kit).  You're not on the big water a lot, but the fishing & snorkeling days could get a bit stomach churning in the right conditions. 

• Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, denibug72 said:

We had coffee, but my memory is hazy as to if it was perc or instant.  Just send them an email about it.  Our crew had dietary issues, so there were a lot of emails back and forth with the base.  At that time, they were very responsive and we had answers to our questions within a day at most.  Granted, that was a few years ago, but hopefully that's still the case.  

Even though you're doing Out Island, you may want to pack some dramamine (or at least a little extra in the first aid kit).  You're not on the big water a lot, but the fishing & snorkeling days could get a bit stomach churning in the right conditions. 

Yep. I bought some Bonine. I get motion sickness. 

3 minutes ago, SSScout said:

Never hurts to bring  your  campcup.  Properly secured by cord or carabiner. 

Might be Seabase mugs available for souveniring....

I now see they specifically say no mess kits, so I don't think they want personal stuff. Could be Covid related or maybe standard policy. 

• 1 month later...

Have my own system. Will only make cowboy coffee using a quart size, light weight stainless steel pot. So, no instant, percolators, or French Presses.....simple is best...

However, can understand the reason for this . Seen too many Scouters toting 5 gallon mugs who thank nothing about draining the pot to the last drop...

Edited by le Voyageur
7 minutes ago, le Voyageur said:

Have my own system. Will only make cowboy coffee using a quart size, light weight stainless steel pot. So, no instant, percolators, or French Presses.....simple is best...

They have a percolator, coffee, creamer and sugar. You can bring a mug or use a bowl from the chuck box. I took a mug.

The percolator is pretty simple and the scouts clean up.  😉