Adult Uniform Checklist

Which would be great if any of them were wearing pants, and the YP guidelines don't care about cuffs or no cuffs.  Not to mention that there seems to be one-deep leadership.   :)

We have a committee member who insists that we need at least 4 adults to go on hikes in case a group needs to turn around due to injury so that we ALWAYS have 2 deep leadership. I say, what if another scout gets injured in the lead group and they need to turn around? Maybe we need double the number of adults to scouts on each and every outing. You know, just to be safe. 

We have a committee member who insists that we need at least 4 adults to go on hikes in case a group needs to turn around due to injury so that we ALWAYS have 2 deep leadership. I say, what if another scout gets injured in the lead group and they need to turn around? Maybe we need double the number of adults to scouts on each and every outing. You know, just to be safe.

The number of adults is dictated by the Scout to leader ratio first. If you have 50 scouts doing something you need more than 4 leaders anyway. Next you need a trained leader. If doing something special you may need a skilled leader (RSO, WRFA).

The number of adults is dictated by the Scout to leader ratio first. If you have 50 scouts doing something you need more than 4 leaders anyway. Next you need a trained leader. If doing something special you may need a skilled leader (RSO, WRFA).

Agree! My 1st summer camp we had 53 Scouts and 5 adults. It was a bit tough at times but then again I had a stick.

• Upvote 2

A day hike (or any non-overnighter) by a patrol does not require an adult at all if the SM approves.

• Upvote 2