Gay Scouts & B.s.a.

I've been in scouting as an Assistant Scoutmaster for over 20 years and worked numerous positions in the council training other adults. Two years ago I left the troop to be at large for the council and continue to see my previous troop. I went to there summer week long resident camp to visit one day. I was told from another ASM that his son was approached and advances with touching was made to the ASM'S son by a scout that has said he was gay. He told his father because he was uneasy with this. They went to the camp director and reported the incident. I'm not at this time going to tell all of my fellow scouters the outcome at this time. I've been searching for the answer to what actions should of been taking. I ask has anyone read in "Black & White " from National how to and what should be done with the scouter that was gay? My take on this is it should fall under Youth Protection Guidelines. True? Please let me hear it from other Scouters and any incidents you may have had and what the outcome was. 

I'm confused, was the advance/touching done by a Scout or a Scouter? 

If by a Scouter, it sounds like YP guidelines weren't followed, and the Scouter should be dismissed. 

If by a Scout, it depends on the nature of the touching. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sexual advances and sexual touching are to be reported as YP violations, and it sounds like this was done. It has nothing to do with "gay."   Packsaddle is correct, at one point you say the perpetr

BSA can do what it wants, if I have one boy bullying or sexually harassing another boy, he's out of the troop.  That's been my policy long before the homosexual issue was politically correct.  I was a

Homosexual, heterosexual, metasexual,  it matters not.  Any sexual contact is inappropriate in Scouting. The YP guidelines can and should be applied in any case of such behavior.   "There is no Sexu

• 1 year later...