Eagle Project Workbook

Those officers who take care of their men are not only well liked, but the men prefer to follow them knowing that they all have a job to do.  The best leaders are also the best followers.

Officers who are not taking care of their men have men who will follow only to keep out of trouble with the system.  They follow out of fear, not trust and admiration.

Lt.Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller and  Gen. James N. "Mad Dog" Mattis come to mind as examples of the former.

I cannot think of any well known examples of the later.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If the project proposal has been written and the Scoutmaster, Committee Chair, and District Eagle Coordinator have signed the project proposal then it's a done deal. It's now time for the Eagle candid

I agree on the sign off of the project proposal. They all signed so the PROPOSAL met with their expectations.   Where I have seen the issues come up where units want "more work done" come when the p

There is no official minimum for hours, but in any case 153 hours is well in excess of a lot of Eagle Projects that I have seen, so not sure why he is supposed to go and find more hours.  Second, if e

Lt.Gen. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller and  Gen. James N. "Mad Dog" Mattis come to mind as examples of the former.

My old Company commander. ;)

Thus the reason they are not well known.