Should have used the buddy system

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/08/28/missing-woman-unwittingly-joins-search-party-for-herself

Not BSA but hiking related. I thought people would like this.

Group tour hiking in Iceland. After the hike one of the participants went to freshen up. When she came back she was not recognized. They thought they had a missing person. She proceeded to join in the search party. The search lasted until 3am.

Reminds me of the scene from one of the Indiana Jones movies - the one with Sean Connery. They are all looking over the cliff at where Indiana has crashed to his death - including Indiana, who didn't actually go over the cliff and doesn't know they all think he's dead.

That link didn't really work, by the way. I got part of the page but could not read the article.

That link didn't really work, by the way. I got part of the page but could not read the article.

Not a long article

A group of tourists spent hours Saturday night looking for a missing woman near Iceland's Eldgja canyon, only to find her among the search party.

The group was travelling through Iceland on a tour bus and stopped near the volcanic canyon in the southern highlands Saturday afternoon, reports the Icelandic news organization mbl.is.

One of the women on the bus left to change her clothes and freshen up. When she came back, her busmates didn't recognize her.

Soon, there was word of a missing passenger. The woman didn't recognize the description of herself, and joined in the search.

About 50 people searched the terrain by vehicles and on foot. The coast guard was even readying a helicopter to help.

But the search was called off at about 3 a.m., when it became clear the missing woman was, in fact, accounted for and searching for herself.