Vermont Scouts denied July 4th vendor permit and withdraw

RememberSchiff, that is a testimonial to the character of your IH and COR. It is also what Jesus would likely do. The town council can't possibly learn from it if they aren't given the chance. But if as you say, the object lesson would not 'take' with the town council, it is still the right thing to do.

Edit: I really miss OGE. NJ, shame is sometimes a rare commodity.

Jesus would also do this.

Luke 9:5 "And as for those who do not receive you, as you go out from that city, shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."

http://biblehub.com/luke/9-5.htm

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Due to National's membership policy, Montpelier (VT) city council denied scouts a vendor permit to sell bottled water at the July 4th celebration, however scouts could still pickup trash. So...   "

I know how to settle this... We all just discriminate against people we think discriminate.   As far as service project hours out there, there are a lot of community based organizations that woul

It's a crazy new world in which we now live. Guerlain is a poster-child for progressive spite and incoherence. He doesn't want the BSA to be able to sell water, but reacts with anger when the BSA the

For all those environmentally oriented people out there, quit recycling and start reusing. I remember when diapers were washed and reused instead of filling up the landfills with bio-hazard waste. We had dish towels that weren't paper and didn't come on a roll. I remember taking the soda/beer bottles back the store to be washed and reused. I remember the same for milk bottles. It was a long time before I used paper/Styrofoam plates and cups and plastic "silver"ware. It costs far less and puts far less stress on the environment to wash out a bottle and reuse it instead of sorting it out, crushing/melting, and reforming into a new bottle.

And for those who don't think re-washing bottles is sanitary, remember the next time you drink out of a can, you have no idea where that can has been. You might think it bad news to lick the bottom of the can, but you don't think twice about slurping off the top. Both top and bottom have been to the same place. :)

Stosh

Sorry to Hijack.

KDD: you started this!

The US Government doesn't punish beliefs. It enforces laws.

Agreed. Let's take this in a different direction and get the Coal Rollers really fired up. Considering that ounce per ounce bottles water is more expensive than gasoline and disposable water bottles are frowned upon by Scouters (at least in my council). Is it ethical for Boy Scouts to sell disposable water bottles in the first place?

NU, you were saying...???

Interesting thread evolution here. The OP, then the IRS, then an attempt to change the topic to bottled water with the risk of irking the ire of persons critical of recycling, and now minimum deposit legislation and perhaps lack of regulatory oversight on bottled water, not to mention the history of Coca Cola and Dasani Water (a.k.a. Atlanta municipal tap water).

I'm going to assume that "NU" is a typo for "NJ", meaning me. Although, funnily enough, and I'm going to guess you don't know this, "nu" is actually a word, in Yiddish, and it would actually make sense in the sentence you weren't trying to use it in, if you were mixing Yiddish and English in one sentence, which my grandmothers used to do all the time. (How's that for a sentence? Not to mention, how's that for off-topic?) In this case it would mean "So?" as in "So, you were saying?"

At least the water bottles sort-of kind-of relate to what the original post was about. And maybe the company that makes the water bottles provides family benefits that cover the same-sex life partners of its employees.

Dyslexic fingers I guess...oops. On the other hand I have quite a few friends who occasionally refer to me as a mentsh.. For a long time I wasn't sure what to think about that. Another person I don't really know well once referred to me as goyhem. My friends' reaction indicated some abiguity about that application. I thought, "at least they didn't call me a golem". But then I read Gustav Meyrink's book and kind of liked that idea.