One Of The Great Mysteries Of Life?

Wingnut - I can beat your "trick' on your sister - MY big brother used to make me wrap my OWN presents! he would just put them in a plain box and tape it shut real tight all around, then stand there and WATCH me wrap it to make sure I didn't peek!

Other than that, and because he otherwise was a swell guy and he really WAS left-handed and all we had were righty scizzors, I didn't mind. I loved making pretty packages for under the tree. My older sister once worked in the gift wrapping dept for Marshall Fields and taught me all the tricks. Besides, in later years, I knew that in 'joint' presents from my older brother and sister - the dough usually came from Bruce, while the actual shopping was my sister's domain. They spoiled me and got me things Mom and Dad would NEVER have gotten me! LOL!

For those who ARE wrapping impaired - have none of you ever been in the military? Don't you know how to make a hospital corner on a bed? Wrapping a present is the same thing. And you can always BUY bows or use curling ribbon - very easy.

If that doesn't work - check around town - often bookstores, malls and other places have charities doing gift wrapping. You do NOT have to buy your gift there to have it wrapped there. The money from the wrapping goes to a charity, NOT to Walden Books or whatever. Of course, Walden books is hoping that providing a wrapping service will encourage you to purchase books for gifts - so grab one and add it to your pile. Don't you need another book on Knots? or survival camping? Dutch oven cooking? There might even be a book on 'Gift Wrapping for Dummies"!!!!!LOL!

laura

Strange as it may be the Wolf Cubs back in the UK did have a reqirement to tie a parcel with string. None of this tape stuff.

I have many a good lunch of quiche washed down with a pint of Gunniess.

Eamonn

"I'll never understand the male gender." the word you are looking for is sex, not gender :"I'll never understand the male sex." ok, done with that

im sorry to say but none of you are real scouts, or campers for that matter you forgot that all problems can be solved with a role of this wonderfull stuff called..... duct tape....

oh yeh, all you do is start taping the item up around and around untill its all covered and you cant see anything else, and now you can choose from more than just classic silver and black, no paper, no cutting tools, no ribbon, just tape, and for extra fun put your watch or gift certificate in a fridge box filled with bricks, rocks and newspapers, covered with tape, placed inside another box covered with tape. oh i love the holidays

"im sorry to say but none of you are real scouts, or campers for that matter you forgot that all problems can be solved with a role of this wonderfull stuff called..... duct tape...."

Nah, duct tape is too expensive. The best wrapping is to stuff the gift into a brown paper grocery sack, crumple over the top and when you give it to your wife/girl friend say, "I'm sorry but I didn't have time to wrap it" and look really sad.

"Nah, duct tape is too expensive. The best wrapping is to stuff the gift into a brown paper grocery sack, crumple over the top and when you give it to your wife/girl friend say, "I'm sorry but I didn't have time to wrap it" and look really sad."

Thanks FOG! This idea of yours is going to save me about 50 bucks on wrapping paper, ribbons, and most of all 4 hours of my time. Wrapping presents is one of the worst things in life! Last year I ended up going through one roll of paper per gift.