Need an Opinion, Not Scouting Related

I didn't know the answer, but my guess at the answer was correct. I'm sure my teens have no idea. I don't follow local, national or global news very closely. I generally know when something happens but few details. I do have my personal causes that I am quite passionate about, and that is enough for me.

"jumping the shark" is a way to say....your time is up or your carrer is about over. It's the point it's all going down hill.

You ever see thnat show Happy Days ?

Fonzi ( Henry whatshisname) Jumped over a shark while waterskiing. This was about the time the show was starting to drop pretty badly in the ratings.

One of the Costner movie I have on DVD is Waterworld... I know didn't do well at the box office, but it's one off my favs.

Denis Hopper is in it too.

I was the only one to get the "Deez" references when I first saw it with my friends.. and I'm in my mid 40's.

The cruise liner crash has killed a number of people, while the Exxon Valdez grounding didn't kill or injure anyone, as far as I know.

Of course a valuable ship and cargo of oil was lost, but the killing of human beings makes the cruise ship grounding far more tragic in my opinion.

Here's one I thought everyone knew, but got worse than a blank stare...

My son is on the swim team, and his coaches a couple of graduates who are now at the local University. They are really into diet and lot's of practice, including plenty of push-ups. When he first joined the team, they said he could choose the kind of suit he swam in at the swim meets. He could either have one that went half way down his thigh, or a very short suit. I said, "oh, you mean like Mark Spitz?" The coach looked at me and said, "Who?"

Never mind.

BTW OP, I concur with the educational association. Yep, I would have laughed.