Hey, can anybody else on the forums either verify or squelch the allegations made in this email I received today? I need to decide who my future coffee vendors will/won't be. Thanks.

Subject: FW: Starbucks Coffee

Guess I will not be drinking Starbucks anymore! ! !

Recently Marines in Iraq wrote to Starbucks because they wanted to let them know how much they liked their coffees and to request that they send some of it to the troops there. Starbucks replied, telling the Marines thank you for their support of their business, but that Starbucks does not support the war, nor anyone in it, and that they would not send the troops their brand of coffee.

So as not to offend Starbucks, maybe we should not support them by buying any of their products! I feel we should get this out in the open.

I know this war might not be very popular with some folks, but that doesn't mean we don't support the boys on the ground fighting street-to-street and house-to-house.

If you feel the same as I do then pass this along, or you can discard it and no one will never know.

Thanks very much for your support. I know you'll all be there again when I deploy once more.

Semper Fidelis.

Sgt. Howard C. Wright

1st Force Recon Co

1st Plt PLT

PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS . . ALLOW IT TO BE PASSED TO ALL IN MEMORY OF ALL THE TROOPS WHO HAVE DIED SO THAT WE MAY HAVE THE RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO SUPPORT THEM OR NOT! ! !

Also, don't forget that when the Twin Trade Towers were hit the fire fighters and rescue workers went to Starbucks because it was close by for water for the survivors and workers and Starbucks charged them! ! !

All Starbucks coffee tastes burnt to me. Can't really stand it unless sufficiently camoflauged in something like a Caramel Macchiato. I think Panera's, McDonald's, and Dunkin' Donuts are all better than Starbucks.

My wife is a coffee snob but I believe she deserves this status and I deeply respect her opinion on coffee. Really. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

She would rather get coffee from McDonalds than from Starbucks.

And I tend to agree...except I am a coffee Philistine so who cares what I think? My wife sure doesn't. I think McDonalds has OK coffee. But what do I know about coffee, considering I've only been drinking just a little bit of it for the last, oh, 8 years? Not much, I must tell you. But Starbucks tastes like the next batch of coffee after you forget to change the filter. I think Starbucks is all hype and no taste. And I rue the day that our fighting soldiers have to humble their bodies to the likes of Starbucks. The thought of that saddens me almost as much as if I had just discovered Mother Theresa passed out drunk with her head in the toilet of the New York Port Authority Bus Terminal. But that is my truly humble coffee opinion. Really. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

SF Bay Area has PEETS. That is our shameful indulgence, buying fresh ground coffee from PEETS every week.

There is another mom/pop place somewhere near Broadway in SF, I think its called Graffio's or some such Italian name. A retired colleague of mine used to go there all the time and it was the absolute best I ever had. Gotta find that place one of these days...

... and hey, have any of you heard from that dude in Nigeria? He's looking for some people to help him cash a $500,000 check or something like that... seems like a nice guy... :-)

Actually, there are some e-mails that start "PLEASE DON'T DELETE THIS" that are valid!

I agree with Starbucks tasting burnt! I don't like the stuff! I am a devout hazelnut drinker.

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

You guys crack me up. Interesting how this question is devolving into a discourse on who's a coffee snob/Phillistine or who has the best/worst tasting coffee. I never expected the omnipresent Nigeria dude to surface here. But hey, this is great! Let's see where it goes. Just goes to show you that Scouters have an opinion about everything and are willing to tell you about it whether you ask or not. Really. Seriously. I'm not kidding. :cool: