Scouts' food drive moved to prevent possible electioneering

I'd rather run through a gauntlet of Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Campfire Girls, Indian Guides, Royal Rangers & 4H Club members on my way to vote than the gauntlet of campaign workers who are actually electioneering!

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, Merlyn, I haven't filed a complaint nor do I whine. Your ACLU buddies should be looking into this case of denying the BSA's freedoms by forcing them to move. Collecting food at a polling place is in no way electioneering! You know that!

Ed Mori

Troop 1

1 Peter 4:10

Well, where I vote, the limit is clearly marked, and there are a bunch of people electioneering right outside it. There is no way to get to the polls without going through them. Note that I, like Ed, didn't say they were too close to the polls, so there is nothing to report. I agree with Ed that I find them annoying, just as I'm annoyed by anyone who puts himself in my way trying to push ideas I don't care for.

Snore... ah.. snorrf... awha... num num...

Headline.......Politician promotes Scouting, gets elected on the "SCOUTING TICKET"

(((News item... Curlicue Times Examiner... 9 November 2006))) Swampjumper party caucus announces party platform to include support of Boy Scouts of America. Party chairman Frredland K. Faubus was quoted as saying that his experience as a Boy Scout "did me nothing but good. I can't think of anything more important than teaching boys and girls to be self reliant, well informed citizens." Faubus continued by saying the Swampjumper party would do its best to include Scouting in all children opportunities that are offered in the county schools. He noted that all the children he knew enjoyed "getting dirty and playing with sharp things and fire" and that the Boy and Girl Scouts were famed for training boys and girls in doing so safely.....

Snurff... ahum... aha Wha?? Oh... just a dreammmmmmmmm.