Scouts reference in Ann Coulter Commentary

Gonzo1 writes:

In the pre-Sept 11 world, the USA did not have war planes just sitting around loaded with missiles ready to shoot down airliners, so that would not have been feasible.

Five jets were scrambled, they were simply too late, chiefly because NORAD wasn't informed as soon as they should have been.

http://archives.cnn.com/2001/US/09/16/inv.hijack.warning/

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beaver,

"Did any of the people you quoted take us to war?"

Yes!! What do you think they were voting for? Are you telling me they were too stupid to understand the language of the resolution? If so, they are too stupid to be in Congress!

I'm curious - since you don't think they were voting for the authorization for war, what do you think they were voting for?

"The president is authorized to use the armed forces of the United States as he determines to be necessary and appropriate in order to (1) defend the national security of the United States against the continuing threat posed by Iraq, and (2) enforce all relevant United Nation Security Council resolutions regarding Iraq."

If someone voted for that, and then claimed they didn't have any responsibility for the war, they should be run out of town on a trash heap!! Talk about standing up and taking responsibility - are the Democrats that spineless?! The resolution even spells out that Iraq is a CONTINUING THREAT! Good grief - is it that hard to understand?!?!

Since you don't think all those I quoted were talking about going to war, what were they doing - just blowing smoke? "GREATEST security threat we face"..."to take necessary actions"..."a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in his hands is a REAL and grave threat to our security"..."we need to disarm Saddam Hussein"

Is this more Democrat "all bark and no bite" national defense? Just flapping their gums and never meaning to actually do anything? I know the far left liberals in the Democrat party have never seen a war they thought worth fighting, but has this infiltrated the entire party, or are they just playing politics with war? Either way, it shows the country that Democrats can't be trusted with the defense of this country. They talk tuff and even vote tuff, but when it comes time for action, they turn tail and look for others to blame. I'm glad we are getting this out before the elections.

Brent, I have to agree with Beav. I can grant you every one of those quotes and respond, so what?! They were full of it too. But THEY didn't hit drive us over the edge. Bush did. OK, for the record...I don't see him killing puppies with a baseball bat or whatever. Moreover, I don't know that he actually manipulated the reports but if he did, he should be prosecuted. I do think he ignored the reports because they didn't support his 'thinking'.

It makes sense, you know. Addicts are experts at selectively employing facts to rationalize their actions. Bush had 39 years of privilege and stupor to hone those skills. I had hoped, in 2000, that his rebirth was sincere and genuine. I doubt it now.

Gonzo1, yeah, I know. It's ok, I know you're really tossing cream puffs. By the way, the Rangel move was, in my view, corrupt, possibly cowardly, because his motive was to force the opposition to go on record the way it did. He never really supported the proposition, only a desire to get the vote on record. Not an entirely honest way to do business, but it was politics as usual. Took him down a notch for that one.

Edited part: Brent, you got the reply in while I was writing so here goes...

If any of those guys was elected or re-elected in 2004, I agree, they ought to be swept out as well. And as for your assessment of what the Democrats attempt to promote as policy, I also agree. That is why I want the current crop to stay right where they are - so the American people can take the full load. We asked for it, we should take the consequences.(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

Merlyn,

Please, in the Sept 10th world, we didn't have planes just sittin' around ready to go. We didn't PLAN for anythng like that so there would be no plan to enact. I'm sorry if you think jets were scrambled too late. The aircraft I used to fly took 30-45 minutes to inspect before flying. In that case though I would probably kick the tires and light the engines.

Just so you know, NORAD doesn't just pick up the phone and say "Launch the ready 5 aircraft!" There is an incredible amount of red tape involved, operations planning, intel gathering, weapons aquisition, etc, far too much to mention here, send me a private message, I'll try to explain.

SR540B

Remember the deep voice of John Kerry, "I voted for the $87 bilion before I voted against it"

Bush responded, congress authorized it.

Ladies and gentlemen, unless I receive a private message about this thread, I'm done, good day.

What were we talking about?...oh yeah.

Q: Ann Coulter once said, "We need to execute people like (John Walker Lindh) in order to physically intimidate liberals." What's your opinion of the remark?

- Funny

- Not funny

- She should be awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom

- She should be executed in order to physically intimidate right-wing anorexic sociopaths

Q: What's the greatest threat to American democracy?

-Out-of-control activist liberal judges

-Filibuster-happy Democratic obstructionists

-The corporate takeover of American government

-Born-again fundamentalists who want to turn America into a theocracy

-Terrorist-appeasing liberals who recklessly criticize their president in wartime

Q: Was the Iraq war worth it?

-Yes, mission accomplished

- Yes, they attacked us on 9/11 and payback is a ****

- No, it's a total freaking disaster that is rapidly turning into another Vietnam

- I don't know, I'm too busy trying to figure out why I'm still paying $2.50/gallon for gas after we took over the world's second largest oil reserve.

Q: Which bumper sticker would you be most likely to put on your car?

- I Voted For Kerry Before I Didn't

- My Honor Student Beat Up France

- Ted Kennedy's Car Has Killed More People Than My Gun

- One Nation Under Surveillance

- At Least in Vietnam, Bush Had An Exit Strategy

- Except For Ending Slavery, Fascism, Nazism and Communism, War Has Never Solved Anything.

Q: President Bush's tax cuts ____

- Ended the Clinton recession and revitalized the economy

- Were a shameless giveaway to the obscenely rich

- Would have been better spent securing our ports, borders and nuclear plants against possible terrorist attack

- Were a nice start, but I won't be satisfied until we have a 15% flat tax and government is shrunk to a size where it can be drowned in the bathtub

Q: Fox News Channel can best be described as ____

- Fair and balanced

- Fairly unbalanced

- A little slanted, but nothing compared to the pervasive bias of the dominant liberal media establishment

- A shameless propaganda outfit that would have made Joseph Goebels proud

Q: The best way for Republicans to retain power is to ____

- Project strong, decisive leadership while Democrats are busy waffling and whining

-Stop intervening in people's private affairs and playing politics with feeding tubes

- Portray Democrats as the party of Michael Moore, George Soros, and Barbra Streisand

- Exploit terrorism fears, question Democrats' patriotism, intimidate the media, and if all else fails, start another war

-Keep rigging the voting machines

Q: Michael Moore once said, "I would like to apologize for referring to George W. Bush as a 'deserter.' What I meant to say is that George W. Bush is a deserter, an election thief, a drunk driver, a WMD liar, and a functional illiterate. And he poops his pants." What's your opinion of the remark?

- Funny

- Not funny

- He should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize

- He should be sent to Guantanamo Bay and piled into a naked pyramid

Q: The best way for Democrats to regain power is to ____

- Stand on principle and regain the backbone they lost when they caved to Bush on tax cuts and Iraq

- Block the Republican agenda at every turn and portray them as right-wing extremists drunk with power

- Distance themselves from Michael Moore, MoveOn.org, and other left-wing extremists who give Dems a bad name

- Embrace mainstream values by supporting bans on abortion and gay marriage

- Shut up and fly the flag

Mmhardy, like I keep telling the gargoyles who keep calling with questionnaires, I don't do them. But I'll get back to the topic, if you insist. ;)

Ann Coulter: OK, she has the mouth and heart of a velociraptor and the brains of Mike Tyson. But she has a body that won't quit...I'm in love.