• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, a blender does the bass-o-matic thing quite nicely. And, if you gut it first (filets are better), it's not too bad. Also you want to poach it a little to kill the parasites. Not a substitute for PB, though. BTW, that's 'nanner sammich'. Mighty good fare for any occasion.

Smucker's All-Natural PB (stored in the cupboard) on bread with brown sugar. :) But it seems that half the people I run into out here (especially those under 15) are total devotees of the Fluffernutter. Being originally from the midwest, I don't see the appeal - but then who ever said that a person's PB beliefs had to make sense??? :p

I saw the fluffernutter on the Food Network one night. It looked like a waste of perfectly good peanut butter to me! For those who may not know what it is, it is a peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich. Yankees seem to like them.

A Fluffanutter is good, but you have to add bananas.

One of my favorite things is "Goober and Grape" which is peanut butter and jelly all in the same jar. I don't remember who makes it, but I like it. The only problem is that it's not chunky PB.

In the immortal words of Raffi:

A Peanut Butter sandwich made with jam

One for me and one for David Amram

a peanut butter sandwich made with jam

Stick stick stick stick stick

I've known wiches good and bad

But the best wich that I've ever had

Was a peanut butter sandwich made with jam

Yum yum yum yum yum

(I think there's another verse, but I can't remember it.)

For all you self-proclaimed "experts" out there, "Jif" only has one F.

At camp, a lot of the food comes from the FDA via the local food bank. ONe year they had #10 cans (5 lbs?) of what everyone thought was P-nut butter...but the can said "Almond Butter". Man, was that good. That stuff must sell for $20 a pound or more...if you can find it. Your tax dollars at work!

Goober and Grape, when I saw this is the store I was amazed!

My mother use to make this for us many many years ago. In the 60s

Except she would add butter (not margarine) I remember it was very good, this was usually made as a treat for lunch. After I saw it in the store, I made some for my children, they looked at it and said that looks bad! They tried it and said its ok, but never make it again! The stuff I made was was not as good as my memory remembers! But maybe it was the maker that make is so good!

Now to sort the wheat from the chaff.;)

Who cuts their PB sandwich side to side so it can be properly stuffed into pockets or into the backpack? Or cuts the bread corner to corner to... lets see..... show proper upbringing?

Personally I prefer the side to side. Fits coat pockets better and holds up better to abuse.

:)

yis