The eyes of Texas are upon you...

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TwoCubDad says:

I'm SAR eligible on both sides of my family. One ancestor was in the NJ Militia (come to think of it, NJ, we may be related after all)

Only if the militia in question was located in the greater Lithuania-Ukraine metropolitan area, where all my ancestors were until right before WWI. Thank you for having your ancestors liberate my state, though. :)

As one who lives in the Austin area, I am not at all surprised over the latest thing that the United Way has pulled. In Austin, the United Way will bend over backwards for certain groups who yell 'discrimination' although those people represent a small minority of the population. Meanwhile, many young men who are benefiting from the Scouting program are the ones that will be effected.

I learned a long time ago that the United Way was not the organization to send your donations to. I tell people to make out checks to whatever organizations they want to support directly. If you don't know where to send the check, look up their number in the phone book! They will be happy to give you information.

I don't know, eisely. Does San Francisco have Annual State wide Scout Parades? Austin does. One year an Austin character came to wave and salute the boys as they marched by: wearing high heels and mini skirt.

My husband said "Boy, he being very respectful of our Scouts, though!"

The media really doesn't cover this parade, although it has Scouts from all over Texas. I wish more photos would be taken of it and more news stations would cover it.

The problem, though Eisley, is that Austin is an island of weirdness and lunacy smack in the heart 'o Texas. I've lived all over this great state, and Austnites are just different from the rest of the state. I don't know if it's because of too much government in one place or if they're just carpetbaggers or what!?! Now I'm not talking all or even most Austin-ites, just the ones that keep making the news. ( and help setting the agenda for the united ((pinche)) way). Maybe what those folks need is to drive over to Llano and eat at Coopers bar-b-q, or drive down Lockhart way and eat the worlds best bar-b-q. It seems there is no problem that can't get worked out over a big plate of ribs and brisket. But our tofu and bean sprout friends might object.

Oh well, life goes on with or without the united way...

bd

Old Guy: the mini-skirt and high heel wearer had a beard. lol.

He is a down-town regular. The girls are the ones wearing boots

and jeans. We have a Austin police in our Troop leadership, and

he gets to work downtown during the rowdy events. We don't take

the Scouts downtown except for the Report to State Parade, then

we leave ASAP!

God Bless America.