• Administrators

Folks --- the topics have lately strayed pretty far from Scouting. I'm not ending them, but let me insert a gentle reminder that at the end of the day, we want to be able to still like each other on this board. We're all Scouters, and we can disagree strongly about a lot of things. It's perfectly fine to debate disagreement, especially when it has relevance to Scouting, but when the conversation degenerates into passionate squabbles, please make sure you can still maintain some respect for each other (and yourself). Otherwise, take the discussion somewhere away from our campfire.

TERRY HOWERTON

(This message has been edited by a staff member.)

SCOUTER-Terry, 10-4. I agree on that topic comment - I've noticed the same thing. But in spite of what seems to pass through these areas, I haven't read a line that caused me to dislike anyone. Sorry if I've caused hard feelings somewhere. I aim at the ideas, not the people.

P.S. It was Bob White, wasn't it, and that comment I made about him and the gom jabar. I meant it in good fun, really. :)

Thank you, Terry.

I always find it slightly disturbing when the number of threads in the Issues and Politics forum outnumber the threads in the open discussion program forum.

I think we do each other the most good when we focus on the program for the youth served by the BSA.

DS

Hello Terry,

Just wanted to say Hi, anyway since your here. I've noticed a couple of times that I'll get 47+ notices on the same topic on email. Is there a bug in the system? Also, there are times that I posted but it didn't appear on the thread.

I'm not sure if other posters are experiencing the same thing. Just thought I'd let you know.

Matua

matua, I had the same thing and an email to the big guy evidently did the trick. At least the replicates stopped (about the same time my hard drive crashed, not related). Ahem, you might want to backup your data.

SCOUTER-Terry, As long as it's there I plan to continue to post on the particular thread you probably are thinking about. I agree with your assessment regarding the relationship to scouting. So if you pull the plug on that one, it will be fine with me. I wonder if evmori actually thought anything positive would come of it?

You have to admit, though, we love to argue. And even THIS topic could morph into something weird if it continued long enough.

typing from another computer in a far away place, Thanks.

..you load sixteen tons and what do you get,

another day older and deeper in debt.