We have a new governor!

Anybody who has seen any news tonight, or first thing in the morning, knows that Arnold Schwarzenegger won the election big time, apparently getting an absolute majority of the votes. I certainly did not expect that strong an outcome, and I wish him well. We desparately need some leadership in this state. Maybe he will be able to give us what we need. It was really wierd, watching him give his acceptance speech surrounded by Kennedys!

As a native Bay Stater, (that's a person who lives in Taxachu....er....Massachusetts to y'all), here in the land of the Democrats and home of the Kennedys, it was indeed a hoot to see Arnold surrounded by them. But it's been like that around here since he married Maria.

The political road goes ever on and on, and it will be interesting to see how Arnold treads upon it...with swift and light feet?...or with the heavy boots of the Terminator?

LOL....

Put the two of them in the ring...and my money's on Jesse. I wish everyone in CA the best. I hope Arnold actually does know how to make things better.

Edited part: OK, I've decided to do this anyway. FYI, it's "Le Ptomane". And in case you haven't heard of this guy, he was a real person with an unusual talent (hence, use of his name in 'Blazing Saddles'). Read and learn:

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_P%E9tomane

So the question is...do you tell the boys?(This message has been edited by packsaddle)

Eisely, for your sake and that of all other Californians, I hope your new governor selects good policy advisors and that they give him good advice for getting your state out of the mess that a whole series of governors and legislators, of both parties, have gotten the state into.

He'll need those good advisors and good advice more than most governors, because by himself, he has absolutely no qualifications for the job. (As opposed to the ability to get elected, which he obviously had.)

Nobody will ever accuse Mel Brooks of exhibiting good taste. Ever. He is funny and entertaining, but you can always count on him reaching for the lowest kind of humor.

As far as Schwarzenegger goes...what they used to say about Jesse Ventura is true once again. My governor can beat up your governor. I wonder who else from the cast of the first Predator movie will run for governor somewhere.

I think Govenor Schwarzenegger may well surprise us all. It will be interesting to see. I also agree that he really needs to do what most smart politicians do -- surround themselves with people who are competant and intelligent and take their advice when it is given. They only then need the wisdom to separate the "patties" -- peppermint from cow -- and decide things with a clear conscience.

If I could have a moment of the Govenor-elect of California, my advice to him would be this:

Califlower is a side dish. California is a state.

DS

Praise be to Arnold. Our last governor sure mucked everything up. Now, finally, the budget will be balanced, waste in government will be ended, the economy will get fixed, the car tax will go away, schools will get the money they need, there will be plenty of cheap electricity with no shortages, Indian tribes will start paying taxes, and there will be jobs for everyone. Sure hope he can get it done in the first 100 days. If he doesnt, well that will either be because his predecessor screwed things up so bad they can never be fixed, or because the legislature will monkey-wrench all his efforts.