While watching the premiere episode of The Osbournes on MTV I was startled to see Ozzy Osbournes daughter wearing a class A boy scout shirt with council strip as she was walking through the living room.

When I shouted, "she's wearing a boy scout uniform" my son informed me that lots of "really punk" girls wear boy scout shirts. My question is, have any of you seen this? Should I(we) be offended? Is this a big deal?

(BTW, Its a real hoot of a show)(This message has been edited by OldGreyEagle)

If you look on ebay for Boy Scout shirts, sometimes you will see it advertised as great for costume parties or punk dressing or something of that sort.

I'm sure some will be offended.

I think that I read somewhere years ago that all scouting insignia and uniforms are protected under the Federal Charter granted to BSA. I could be wrong about this, but it seems to me that, if BSA objected, the producers of this show could be required to get rid of the uniforms. Over the years I have seen depictions of scouts, or youth like scouts, in various movies and TV shows, and they never were wearing true scout uniforms.

OGE,

You watch MTV! Ozzy Osbourn! WOW! I never would have guessed that!

Once when I was watching the national news they were talking about the rebels in Grenada. They showed a clip of some of these rebels & one had a Scout shirt on with my council strip! I was flabergasted!

Ed Mori

Scoutmaster

Troop 1

Yes OGE I have seen it many, many times.

Yep that's right, Mike was into Punk music as a kid and was actually in a Punk rock band AND was a very active Eagle Scout at the same time.

Here come the hairstyle comments.

A few years ago on a local station out here had a late Saturday night comedy show. They had a bit that were using to promote the show that had a character named Ranger Bob. He called his buddy to come over and the buddy was a Boy Scout in full uniform with council strip of the city where the station is. The Scout was carrying a keg strapped to his backpack.

I called the council office to inform them and the station to complain.