Just where do we stand?

Being a Life Scout for over twenty years and having three boys involved with scouting I wouldn't hesitate to yank my boys out of scouting if the BSA allowed perverts (homosexuals, child-molesters and kind) to become "leaders."

I worked hard to achieve the level of Life and my boys are working hard.

I wasn't distracted by some twink trying to do me and I don't want my sons and their friends to be either.

To date I have been very pleased with the stance the scouts have taken and like millions of others have increased my donations.

Look at it this way. If you all "DIS" the parents of the scouts and allow perverts into the ranks of scouting you'll have NO scouts to lead.

Homosexuals don't have children unless they were fathers in their past and since less that 1% of our population is homosexual and even fewer father children much less boys, they would NEVER provide enough new recruits to replace the scouts that would leave.

To continue to consider this issue is a waste of time not to mention, very disconcerting.

Scouting isn't a Political forum. It is a venue to teach boys how to be men... Not homosexuals.

JMHO

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cjmiam

I thank God that I was informed of this pole.

Being clandestine in an attempt to push an issue through is bush league.

Most conservative peoples mind their own business and don't seek out garbage poles like this one but when informed of them we jump on them like white on rice.

As stated in my previous post, I have three boys involved in scouting. Take those three and my Life long commitment to scouting and you have FOUR people who would have voted on this pole.

You only received one as I have honored the pledge.

Most American men have been scouts and I wouldn't have heard of this pole had a brother scout not told me about it.

We are a network of good, decent, people and we will not allow a bunch of bleeding heart liberals to slip an agenda past us without you knowing where we stand.

There are more of us than you and in a democracy, at least for now, majority rules. Something the scouts used to teach.

You can bet that I will inform all I find of this pole. You contact all your homo friends who were or are scouts and have them post and we'll see who wins out k?

Folks, the agenda of the homosexual community is to abolish any forum or institution that teaches good decent values.

Scouting is in the forefront of this endeavor of teaching good decent values and must not succumb to the wiles of perverts seeking to molest little boys.

If you are a boy and confused about your sexuality know, ALL boys suffer the same confussion when they are going through puberty. You don't need some pervert trying to influience you into thinking you are a homosexual.

I am split on this one. I grew up in scouting, I am a cub scout leader, and my son is in scouting. I stand for everything the BSA is. However, my favorite uncle is gay. I love him and want him to be happy. True he does not have any kids, so he would not be involved with scouting. My kids love him and his partner. Never have they tried to teach my kids to be gay, pushed it on them, or anything of the sort. I understand the concerns parents have about having gay leaders. But "perverts" will not be allowed due to the application precess....if properly done. I belive that the only gay leaders that would want to be involved are the boys, who grew up in scouting without anyone knowing, that turned 18 and registered as an adult. I do have morals and would like to see scouting remain the same....but where in the handbook or any other scouting material does it say to discriminate agaist others.

So would I leave scouting....I don't think so. Reguardless of the decision, Scouting will still need very storng leaders.

I know others may not agree with me, but I am sorry. As I stated before, I would love to have scouting stay just the same it is. But scouting does change through the years to keep up with the ever changing world.

I am a strong supporter of the Boy Scouts because of their stand on traditional values - that is why I put in all the volunteer time I do. It is one of the few organizations that is willing stand up to the humanist agenda to degrade our value system. In talking with Scout leaders, while a number of them are supportive of homosexual Scout leaders, many of them would leave Scouting if this changed and many more may or may not stay but would be much less committed to the program if they did stay. Although I am not LDS, I deal a lot with LDS Scout units and I can affirm that they would leave the Scout program almost en masse. In California, LDS is a significant component of the Scouting program and it would really hurt the program to have them leave. Many Scout units are chartered by religious organizations, so you would most likely see these chartered organizations, even outside of the LDS, leaving Scouting or reducing their support substantially.

In a way, this makes it almost a no-brainer on the Boy Scouts continued stand on the issue, as far as National is concerned. Even if they are getting beat up financially to some degree over the homosexual issue, the consequences of caving in would be much more dire than losing a few contributions that will eventually be made up elsewhere. Don't look for the Boy Scouts to change their mind on this issue - it is just not in the cards.

Yes, Khepara, "word must have gotten out about the poll. ". You put it on freerepublic.com & requested they "freep" the poll:

www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/624660/posts

If you want other people to vote and voice their opinions, so be it. But don't pretend that you had nothing to do with it.

Well, that explains it. Now it begs the question- How many people voting are actually in the Boy Scouts? That was the point of this wasn't it?

"What reason is there to have a poll if your not promoting an agenda?"

Ummmm, maybe to get people's opinion... I am a strong supporter of the BSA, traditional family values and everything that Scouting stands for. This also includes fair play. Posting this on a conservative political action site in my opinion is not fair play and is not why I believe OldGreyEagle put this poll here. I believe it was to gain the opinion of Scouters. I think we all know where the visitor's of Free Republic stand on this, maybe we should get it posted on the ACLU's site to see where their visitors stand.

Give me a break.

I am not pretending I had nothing to do with spreading the word. I just don't always tell everything I know. The fact that the poll was advertised does not invalidate the meaningfulness of the poll since it was advertised to heterosexuals and homosexuals alike it represents a clear picture of support for both sides. The fact that the sample is larger makes it even more valid since larger samples are recognized to have more weight statistically.

I hope the Boy Scouts of America will see just how much their stand means to people everywhere. I also hope the Boy Scouts will continue supporting the policies that have made them one of the premier secular institutions on the planet. I was mistaken when I called them a Christian Organization however, the moral values they hold are held in fact by a majority of religious institutions globally. Without these moral policies the Boy Scouts would no longer be needed since Social Clubs all over the world could do as good a job of entertaining the masses. If people just wanted to go camping and learn arts and crafts the could join any number of groups and clubs but the Boy Scouts are Special for some reason. What do you think makes them special? What do they provide that all those other organizations do not or will not? I could tell you but I think you already know.

"What reason is there to have a poll if your not promoting an agenda?"

Ummmm, maybe to get people's opinion...

Well it looks like your getting peoples opinion. I may also add that spreading the word about a poll or anything for that matter is not Cheating. You can feel free to submit an announcement anywhere you wish. Contact the ACLU, write to Janet Reno, Contact NAMBLA. (North American Man Boy Love Association) Your in control as much as the next guy. Lets make this a true test or are you too afraid of the results?

Are these not the results you wanted? Just what is it you want for the Boy Scouts? Now if I am asking you this just think of how many others here will question your motives. Just what kind of person do YOU think should be influencing the youth of America?

OGE,

This was a nice attempt. I appreciate your dedication to the program. I would have been very interested to see what BOY SCOUT LEADERS have to say on the subject. I truely wish there was a way to only accept votes from actual leaders. Unfortunately, even if every leader voted once and only once and with complete honesty, someone (or many someones) from outside the organization would come in and try to slant the poll in favor of their agenda.

Don't give up though.

Scouter Terry, is there a way to allow those who are willing to fill out some sort of full resgistration...Name, address, phone number, Troop position and affiliation (Varifiable data) etc. and then to restrict a poll to just "registered" members? Or to tally "registered" user votes seperately from those who want to remain anonymous to the you. Personally, I would have no problem putting my info into such a registry and then there would be no doubt that I am involved in the program, care about scouting, and am not here just to promote a personal agenda regardless of it's affect on the BSA.

I have an Idea. Why dont you just hand pick who you want to take the poll and then send them an email. You already have everyones email. Then you could select just those members whose opinion counts. Maybe you could just select those members who vote "right" while youre at it. This would assure you that you would get the correct opinions from the right people. I'm sure it would make you feel really good about yourselves and whatever positions your screening for. I'm sure you'll get the results you want no matter what effect it has on the BSA. Lord knows we wouldn't want to skew the results with a bunch of irrelevant opinions. No sir.

For some reason I thought I was a registered and legal person on this board but evidently your entry requirements are too lax. Here look what you need to do is have people submit a request for membership, then you send them a nice little questionnaire to fill out. Make sure they include adequate personal information to do a proper FBI check or whatever. Ask their opinions on several topics and make their submission of their answers mandatory. This way you can screen out subversives and rabble rousers. Then only allow these folks to view your board. After that you will be able to post polls on almost any topic and know about the results before hand. This will be a big help to the Boy Scouts as I am sure they will then be more interested in what you have to say.